Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Claim Is Being Worked On!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

After 2 years, and a recent claim for temporary 100% for cervical surgery, someone must have stumbled into my box of claims. I received a surprising call from the VA in Phoenix this morning(I am still shocked over this) wanting some information on my claims. I informed the caller I made several mistakes on e-benefits and she corrected that. I also told her to remove the sleep apnea claim as I know that would never get approved or the unemployed 100%. Those would hold everything up. I was told my claim would be decided by 30 September and just needed the discharged paperwork for my surgery.

This surgical fusion was a very difficult experience for me. And especially for the surgeon as I ruined his record. I was his first patient that had to used a walker to get out of bed, and also the first that had to be transferred to ICU.

After I was taken to the recovery room to recuperate and wake up before moving to the overnight bed unit upstairs for 1 night, things didn't work out. I had issues, going in and out, breathing,etc. They had to take me from the 3rd floor of the brand new spine center to ground floor to the connecting hall to the main hospital to run me around to the other side of the hospital to ICU. I spent 3 days there before I was finally deemed medically safe to go home. Now I can set off the detectors at the airport with all this titanium nuts and bolts.

The cervical claim was on appeal as they still gave me a 0%. The DAV told them to give me the convalescent(not sure if I will get 100%) and to rate me. Will they rate me correctly now, or will the cervical stay on appeal.

A check on e-benefits a few hours later showed it updated with all the information Discussed by phone. I faxed everything already. I told them that they need to CUE themselves on all these claims I had submitted as they deliberately missed the medical information previously supplied. I then again supplied all medical information to the direct fax number to Phoenix, not an 800#. That means that once someone sees all this, they will get to work on it. What in the heck caused Phoenix to finally getting moving on claims. You know, once they get caught up, there will be no more overtime, there will be lay offs instead.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

Sounds like they are finally working it. I hope the best for you especially the 100 Temp.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Yes, this is ,hopefully good news and you have a potential date from the VA that the claim will be decided by.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks. They are under a mandate now. I can see them approving 1 claim and denying the rest. No way are they going to spend a week working on my claim! THey will pick something quick and easy-the hell with the rest of all the claims. Sure, they said they are going to work all the claims. How are they getting these claims knocked out so quickly?

I just had my rating exam on Friday. Unlike 99% of the VEts that show up for this exam with just there VA I.D. card, I brought all the records from the recent test showing I have been diagnosed with NP and carpal tunnel. This practicioner had a very cocky attitude. Show told me that NP can be caused by many things. I told her I was filing this as secondary to my service connectio of cervical and said it didn't matter. I still am wearing my neck hard collar and wanted to know how much longer I was going to wear it as its been 6 weeks. Told her maybe another month. ALso wanted to know if I use a cane or walker, told her I was issued a walker and use it for long distances.

The other thing I am wondering about the VARO sent me a letter stating they haven't received the requested medical information from the clinic that did the surgery and I need to contact them and have it sent within 30 days. I got all the information from them including proof of the surgery and discharge and all the notes and faxed and mailed it to them. ALso the examiner made a copy of this too. Will this be an issue. So.Now I wait on my temp 100% temp for convalescent and increased ratings along with the other claims!