Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Claims And Va Medical Appointments

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this and let me know if I did it wrong.
I have some questions about a few issues I am having. I am wondering who I should talk to about getting some ratings increased and about adding some others. How would I go about seeing all my ratings? All that I know is that I am rated at 80%. I do recall seeing a letter with 0% on some things. I have a problem following thru and staying focused. I basically am saying I need some help dealing with the VA, if possible.
My other issue is that I am not able to get in to see the Dr. at Spokane VA. I had to cancel an appointment I had 8 Jul and Dec is the best they could do. I am referring to a Psychiatrist. They have a extremely high turnover rate for them. I have had 4 to 5 different one in the last 3 years. I am struggling and need help getting on the right meds. I don't feel like they listen to what I have to say either. I appreciate the fact they are there. I don't feel the VA is just there for me either. I wouldn't be here if it wasnt for the VA. Just looking for some assistance.
I wanna think you guys for having this site and all the other Vets and families. Thanks for being there!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You can go to your local VA ROI office and have them print you out a copy of the conditions you are service connected for and the percentage of each individual rating. To request an increase or new rating on conditions, you can go to a local Amrican Legion, VFW, or Disabled Vets club and ask to speak with a VSO (Veteran Services Officer) and they can help you. I hired a lawyer, so you might want to think about that also if you are considering going for 100% disability or TDIU. There should be lawyers on the internet in your area that take Vets on contingency. Good luck!

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Mags has great advice - I believe lawyers get 20% but more knowledgeable folks should be along to advise you.

If you don't have full confidence in your ability to research, submit and track your claims you should really use a VSO or attorney.

You may also get a social worker or other aide assigned to help you keep track of things like appointments.

Thank you for your service and I wish you the best! :smile:

I agree with Kelly and I would not get a lawyer until the BVA phase of a claim. They normally do charge 20% of your retroactive award. IMO, there is no need in giving that amount up until then and many Lawyers won't take your case until that point. Talk to a VSO at one of your local service organizations (AM Legion, DVA, VFW, Purple Hearts) or you should have county VSOs who are normally in the administrative offices at your county's admin building. I have Bosley and Bratch. I think Keller and Keller have a good reputation. Hang in there.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember this folks. If you file any claim, including claim for increase, you have to wait for a decision. Once you get a denial, you can employ the use of an attorney.

This includes any appeal starting with a DRO all the way up to the CAVC.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.