VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dmii Secondary To Atheroscierosis With By Pass

Rate this question

wadedenney

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never seen that type of claim awarded at the BVA, but there are some claims for secondary dm there that were denied . Still I would check out that link jbasser gave you.and play around with the search fields and check off ALL decisions under the search thing.

Usually ,if not all of the time, diabetes is the cause of heart disease and many other medical problems.

Also some prescribed drugs have been associated with raising glucose levels:

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/5009216/can-certain-medications-cause-diabetes

But then again, a good IMO doctor could possibly link the" weight gain because of the heart problem?"

Nothing is impossible.

I read a widow's claim years ago, that on its face appeared to have no chance for DIC.

Her husband was SCed for severe hearing loss for a few years and then died from a NSC heart attack.

But the widow proved,with a strong IMO, that his HL was so disabling that it prevented him from getting proper exercise (I think due to severe balance problems from the HL) and due his sedentary state, he developed heart disease as secondary to the HL.

She got awarded DIC by the BVA.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, There ae a couple of cases in there that award DMII due to certain conditiopns like lung or back issues that kept the veteran from exercise but they both had strong IMO's.

J

thanks guys, for the tips, Berta that link to wed md was very enlighting I currently take 3 of the 5 drug types, My Dr has already stated that it is related to the heart and my weight gain and exercise tolerance. Hope to stay off med with weight loss but have averaged a 10 pound a year incease sense the MI with bypass. Jbasser also thanks for the link, lots of reading to do.

Wade