Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increased Disability Compensation If Retired

Rate this question

ut2seabee

Question

Am rated 50% at present time. 40% SC of this is for my hearing loss. Last hearing test of a month ago shows by the results that I meet VA requirments to be increased to 80%.

Question...new form 21-526EZ states..."we need medical or lay evindence to show a worsening or increase in severity and the effect that worsening or increase has on your ability to work."

As I retired from civilian work @age 62 and no longer work, are they likely to say that is hasn't affected my ability to work? I just dont trust the government. Their always trying to screw us out of something!

Any thoughts on this?

Ut2seabee

"REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON"

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

How long has it been since you worked? I don't think the VA can say well we think you can work. The evidence speaks for it self, if you should be rated at 80% for HL then so be it. I would also look at TDIU as well.

"we need medical or lay evindence to show a worsening or increase in severity and the effect that worsening or increase has on your ability to work."

Looks like it is asking for 2 things:

1. Medical or lay evidence of an increase in severity.

2. The effect that worsening or increase has on your ability to work.

The last hearing test would be medical evidence of an increase in severity.

I think you could write a statement about how the increase in severity affects your ability to get a job, do your job (if you had one), etc. A statement from a former co-worker could also be good, if you can get one.

"are they likely to say that is hasn't affected my ability to work?"

They are likely to say anything. But 4.85 - Evaluation of Hearing Impairment doesn't say anything about the ability to work having anything to do with the rating of hearing impairments. It seems pretty clear - and is based on the hearing test results.

So I don't think you would even have to show how it affects your ability to work to get the rating the hearing test shows you should have.

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

Am rated 50% at present time. 40% SC of this is for my hearing loss. Last hearing test of a month ago shows by the results that I meet VA requirments to be increased to 80%.

Question...new form 21-526EZ states..."we need medical or lay evindence to show a worsening or increase in severity and the effect that worsening or increase has on your ability to work."

As I retired from civilian work @age 62 and no longer work, are they likely to say that is hasn't affected my ability to work? I just dont trust the government. Their always trying to screw us out of something!

Any thoughts on this?

Ut2seabee

Since you're already rated for hearing loss, all you need to do is send a letter saying your condition has worsened, that you are requesting an increase and the VA has to schedule you for a C&P exam. It's pretty simple.

pr