• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 % Pt Schedular

Rate this topic

BUZZ

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very fortunate that the VA failed to notice their error. I have you combined percentage at 94.3552%. This should be a rating of 90%; therefore, TDUI was not a moot issue. However, congratulations!!

You are very fortunate that the VA failed to notice their error. I have you combined percentage at 94.3552%. This should be a rating of 90%; therefore, TDUI was not a moot issue. However, congratulations!!

Negative Ghost Rider.

The only official way to combine ratings is in accordance with the Combined Ratings Table which can be found on the eCFR here: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=36c3624febb104520f9817c61b3df4db&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38

If you use that table you will find that 50,50,30,30,20,20,20,10 % combines to 95% which rounds to 100% for VA purposes.

The error that is commonly made (and that you are making) is when you do it mathematically you must round after each operation to a whole number before proceeding further. If you do not do this, you will end up with small errors, which in this case make a big difference.

If you do that rounding properly, even the mathematical way will give 95%.

The other way to do it is to simply use the table and that also gives 95% as the result.

And yet another way is to use a calculator that actually does it the right way and one can be found here: http://lasestrellas.info/VBN/Hutsky-Star3.xls

I've attached a copy of this calculator with these ratings plugged into it.

Other calculators that I have seen do not do the rounding and give incorrect results sometimes.

There is no error, this is a legit 95% and that means 100%

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Edited by Theblaze

Theblaze, you may be correct; however, I always followed what the guidance states pertaining to rounding. It states:

"The conversion to the nearest degree divisible by 10 will be done only once per rating decision, will follow the combining of all disabilities, and will be the last procedure in determining the combined degree of disability". It does not say divisible by 5.

Moreover, for this Vet it really does not matter because they were awarded their full benefits.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use