Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Management In-House...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

The Tampa VA has a in-house pain management program they want to go to and I decided to go in January 2014. As anybody here attended this program before and if so what should I expect. The surgeon told me today that because I have Osteoarthritis he doesn't feel that surgery will help and he thinks this program will help me deal with the pain. Basically what he is saying is that unless I totally screw up my spine after today that I will have to live with this pain for the rest of my life....

Just wondering about it...

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Methadone.

It works but dangerous.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I tried the VA pain management clinic and they were so screwed up they forgot about me in the waiting room - twice.

My VA PCP doc did set me up with some alternatives. I got a heating pad, tens unit, back brace, and some ice packs. I would not necessarily call it a robust pain management plan, but it was better than getting shafted by the pain management clinic.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Vync was this in Tampa?

They gave me a schedule and it was stuff like heated pool, walking, PT (which I can tell you this will be out of the question for me), classes, Rec Therapy, Adaptive ADL....

I will attend it, if I don't like it in the first week I will withdraw from it. Unless I get left in the waiting room then I will say no from that point forward...