VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does The Va Usually Follow The Qtc Recomendations For Ratings?

Rate this question

CaptainJack

Question

Hello All,

Just got a copy of my C&P exam for PTSD done by QTC in August.

Two things popped up while reading it, a GAF of 60 and under the

heading of "Occupational and social impairment", she checked the

box that corresponnds to 30%(..with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability....).

The claim is service related(actually provided a newspaper article with my name and picture in it), but one of the

not sure factors is the fact I'm 100% disabiled by Social Security.

Does anyone have any experience with how well the QTC exam findings correlate to VA ratings?

Does the VA look at the SS rating as a factor?

Thanks for any input,

Jack

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Obviously the examiner didnt read the file or see the SSA info.

You may have a fight on your hands and may need an IMO.

Hang in there.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Obviously the examiner didnt read the file or see the SSA info.

You may have a fight on your hands and may need an IMO.

Hang in there.

Basser

Actually Basser, she did know about the SS Disability and mentioned it in the DBQ. I walked in the door with two mental health reports from my local VA and copies of the determination by SS just to make sure there wasn't any "waiting for files" BS in this case. I know some guys have waited longer, but it's been a year and a half waiting for the inital C&P exam.

Jack

I think I read somewhere, possibly here, that VA doesn't have to lend any weight to an SSA finding of disability?

and as far as I'm aware SSDI is either you're disabled or not, there aren't any degrees of disability with SSA like there are with the VA.

I could be wrong so best to check with people more knowledgeable.

Jason

If a vet receives SSDI SOLELY for a SC disability or multiple SCs, and the VA is aware of and has obtained the SSDI records, the VA WILL consider that as probative evidence of unemployability due to service connected disabilities.

If the VA is aware of the fact that a veteran receives SSDI solely for SCs, but fails to obtain or consider the SSDI findings, the VA has committed a CUE under 38 CFR 4.6.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

If a vet receives SSDI SOLELY for a SC disability or multiple SCs, and the VA is aware of and has obtained the SSDI records, the VA WILL consider that as probative evidence of unemployability due to service connected disabilities.

If the VA is aware of the fact that a veteran receives SSDI solely for SCs, but fails to obtain or consider the SSDI findings, the VA has committed a CUE under 38 CFR 4.6.

Interesting Berta. My SSDI is from a SC disability and a civilian injury(thor back was SC and total R knee civilian). The SC was what put my case over the top at

the SSDI hearing, but that will probably do nothing for my PTSD claim and my request for increase(from 10%)on the SC.

I think I read somewhere, possibly here, that VA doesn't have to lend any weight to an SSA finding of disability?

and as far as I'm aware SSDI is either you're disabled or not, there aren't any degrees of disability with SSA like there are with the VA.

I could be wrong so best to check with people more knowledgeable.

Jason

You're right Long Tooth, you're either 100% with SSDI or nothing. Took seven years of appeals to win that case. And if anyone thinks the VA is slow, try working with the Social Security Administration some day. You don't even start that process without getting a lawyer.