Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Employer

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

I have a letter from my employer to go with FMLA paperwork. I am going to try and get into MH today to get it signed and start the process of Medical disability from my job. I should have done this along time ago, but I kept trying to hold out. Since June, I have been having more stress problems that have been effecting everything. I am in the beginning process of getting MEB also,(Been out since 06) I had to sign an extension to go back in the National Guard for 1 year to get it completed. Can someone tell me how this will work. I am 70% ptsd from the military since 06. I went back to my old job after Iraq, but I have difficulty maintaining.

Edited by qwiksting

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

To whom this may concern,

My name is XXXXX XXXXXXX. I am the manager of telecommunications for the EEEEEEE county school district. I am XXXXX XXXXXXXX’ supervisor. XXXXXXX has been my employee for the past 20 years. I have enclosed a copy of his official job description in order to explain his difficulties at work.

Since his return to work from military service in Iraq (2005), I have noticed his mental soundness, mood, and general health decline. He seems tired all of the time, sometimes falling asleep in the office and he has lost weight. Before he left for service in Iraq, he had rarely been sick and his mood was always upbeat and positive. I could depend on him to accomplish detailed and difficult tasks with out any supervision. He was a model employee. He always got along with other employees, rarely complained, and everyone liked working with him. He was always on time for work and at times stay late to complete work.

Today he has another appointment, which I greatly appreciate, as he continues to get the help he needs. However, I have had several meetings over the past year with XXXXXX, discussing his behavior, tardiness, lack of concentration and generally questioning his ability to continue to working. He often comes to work very tired, which worries me because a lot of his duties require driving. I am not really sure as to what may be keeping him from resting at night, but it seems to affect his mood. He has had altercations with other employees, to the point where I have sent him home. He has been very difficult to reason and deal with, especially after his heart attack in June. It seems as if he has become more aggressive and angry. I have discussed this with him. I have managed to keep him employed in hopes that giving him something meaningful in his life would have a positive therapeutic effect. I continue to ask him if he has been taking his medications, which seem to have an effect on his judgment. He prefers working alone, isolated from the other employees. I believe since he has a lot of anxiety, stress, stomach issues all on top of heart problems now, it appears he is more of a liability to himself and others being at work. I feel it would be beneficial for him to seek a medical disability from the State of FFFFFFFF. He has been employed over 20 years for the state of FFFFFF, so he is entitled to this. I have discussed this withXXXXXX and he seems to be in agreement. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

XXXXXX xxXXXXX

EEEEEEEE county School

Telecommunications Manager

000 000 0000

My current meds are quitipine,lorazapam,sertraline, trazadone

Edited by qwiksting

To whom this may concern,

My name is XXXXX XXXXXXX. I am the manager of telecommunications for the EEEEEEE county school district. I am XXXXX XXXXXXXX’ supervisor. XXXXXXX has been my employee for the past 20 years. I have enclosed a copy of his official job description in order to explain his difficulties at work.

Since his return to work from military service in Iraq (2005), I have noticed his mental soundness, mood, and general health decline. He seems tired all of the time, sometimes falling asleep in the office and he has lost weight. Before he left for service in Iraq, he had rarely been sick and his mood was always upbeat and positive. I could depend on him to accomplish detailed and difficult tasks with out any supervision. He was a model employee. He always got along with other employees, rarely complained, and everyone liked working with him. He was always on time for work and at times stay late to complete work.

Today he has another appointment, which I greatly appreciate, as he continues to get the help he needs. However, I have had several meetings over the past year with XXXXXX, discussing his behavior, tardiness, lack of concentration and generally questioning his ability to continue to working. He often comes to work very tired, which worries me because a lot of his duties require driving. I am not really sure as to what may be keeping him from resting at night, but it seems to affect his mood. He has had altercations with other employees, to the point where I have sent him home. He has been very difficult to reason and deal with, especially after his heart attack in June. It seems as if he has become more aggressive and angry. I have discussed this with him. I have managed to keep him employed in hopes that giving him something meaningful in his life would have a positive therapeutic effect. I continue to ask him if he has been taking his medications, which seem to have an effect on his judgment. He prefers working alone, isolated from the other employees. I believe since he has a lot of anxiety, stress, stomach issues all on top of heart problems now, it appears he is more of a liability to himself and others being at work. I feel it would be beneficial for him to seek a medical disability from the State of FFFFFFFF. He has been employed over 20 years for the state of FFFFFF, so he is entitled to this. I have discussed this withXXXXXX and he seems to be in agreement. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

XXXXXX xxXXXXX

EEEEEEEE county School

Telecommunications Manager

000 000 0000

My current meds are quitipine,lorazapam,sertraline, trazadone

I believe this would weigh in as lay evidence in support of some of your symptoms.

Are you SC'd for cardiac ?

No, Unfortunatley that will be a long claim. I say this because I just recently forund out that quitipine(been on it for 8 years) raises bad cholesterol. I have hyperlypdemia, or high cholesterol that I have been on meds for. So it look like the only way for that to get sc is IMO. Ptsd is sc and so is my stomach problems.

No, Unfortunatley that will be a long claim. I say this because I just recently forund out that quitipine(been on it for 8 years) raises bad cholesterol. I have hyperlypdemia, or high cholesterol that I have been on meds for. So it look like the only way for that to get sc is IMO. Ptsd is sc and so is my stomach problems.

The reason I asked if you were SC'd for cardiac is from the employer's letter.

Even tho this person is not a doctor, (I'm reading this the way I think VBA would interpret it)

in that the employer feels you changed since your Heart Attack, which is not SC'd.

It might just be a small glitch.

JMHO

" He has been very difficult to reason and deal with, especially after his heart attack in June.

It seems as if he has become more aggressive and angry. "

You take some powerful stuff.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a698019.html#side-effects

quetiapine can cause multiple side affects.

“Seroquel is the brand name for the drug quetiapine fumarate. “

AstraZeneca has settled multiple Seroquel-related lawsuits against the United States and state governments. In April 2010, for $520 million, AstraZeneca settled a lawsuit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice for illegally marketing Seroquel for off-label uses while failing to mention Seroquel’s side effects. In March 2011, 37 U.S. states settled their own claims against AstraZeneca for $68.5 million.

Seroquel Might Cause Life-Threatening Side Effects.”

http://www.rotlaw.com/seroquel/

“AstraZeneca also had to pay $520 million last year to settle federal investigations into its marketing of Seroquel. “

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/astrazeneca-settles-most-seroquel-suits/?_r=0

There could even be an association of this med and your heart disease:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-8274-QUETIAPINE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=4689&drugname=quetiapine+fumarate+oral

Heart Warning Added to Label on Popular Antipsychotic Drug By DUFF WILSON Published: July 18, 2011

AstraZeneca is adding a new heart warning to the labels of Seroquel, its blockbuster antipsychotic drug, at the request of the Food and Drug Administration, company and agency officials said on Monday.

Enlarge This Image

Drug-articleInline.jpg

J.B. Reed/Bloomberg News

Warnings for Seroquel will soon recommend that the drug be avoided in combination with 12 drugs linked to arrhythmia.

The revised label, posted without fanfare last week on the F.D.A. Web site, says Seroquel and extended-release Seroquel XR “should be avoided” in combination with at least 12 other medicines linked to a heart arrhythmia that can cause sudden cardiac arrest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/health/19drug.html

I am not a doctor but it sure pays to study every med you get and to make sure it is not contraindicated by another med.

Any veteran who develops a ratable disability directly due to side affects of any VA SC med should file a claim for the disability as secondary to the SC ,due to the med, and/or file a Sec 1151 claim.

In most cases VA would rather award on a secondary basis then under 1151.Also,under 1151, you would have to prove the VA knew better but prescribed the med anyhow. If the med is for a NSC,that caused further disability then 1151 would be in order.

"No, Unfortunatley that will be a long claim. I say this because I just recently forund out that quitipine(been on it for 8 years) raises bad cholesterol. I have hyperlypdemia, or high cholesterol that I have been on meds for. So it look like the only way for that to get sc is IMO. Ptsd is sc and so is my stomach problems."

High cholestrol and hyperlipidemia are not ratable disabilities because they are symptoms. They can lead to heart disease however.

If you consider Dr. Bash for an IMO please give him the NYTimes link I posted and tell him Berta from hadit gave it to you,if he asks the source.