Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Letter From Employer

Rate this question



I have a letter from my employer to go with FMLA paperwork. I am going to try and get into MH today to get it signed and start the process of Medical disability from my job. I should have done this along time ago, but I kept trying to hold out. Since June, I have been having more stress problems that have been effecting everything. I am in the beginning process of getting MEB also,(Been out since 06) I had to sign an extension to go back in the National Guard for 1 year to get it completed. Can someone tell me how this will work. I am 70% ptsd from the military since 06. I went back to my old job after Iraq, but I have difficulty maintaining.

Edited by qwiksting
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Recommended Posts

Thanks philip, I am afrais to try and file anything, as I have an appeal on a 0 percent for my stomach issues in right now. It could slow things down to a stop. Especially since I am about to enter the MEB/PEB phase of military medical. I was put out due to ptsd in 06, rated 70% retro back to 05. ABCMR decided I should be back in to go through meb/peb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philip is right on the TDIU when you can no longer work. Apply at that time for SSDI too!

PS..copy and save the employer letter just in case you need that for other VA related purposes such as the TDIU.

“ABCMR decided I should be back in to go through meb/peb. “

Yeah, that is the way they handle this stuff....

This link site has Great info:


They have their own NG MEB/PEB forum :


We have some MEB/PEBers here too.

This site has a good overview of the process:


Do you have any access to a JAG or PEBLO?

I don't think you will have any problems with this MEB/PEB process but it can be daunting.

The DFAS site here as well as Military.com always has the best info on CRDP and CRSC.:


There is a lot of info in that link such as:

“Individual Unemployability
You are eligible for full concurrent receipt of both your VA disability compensation and your retired pay, if you are a military retiree who meets all of the above eligibility requirements in addition to both of the following:

  • you are rated by the VA as unemployable, generally referred to as Individual Unemployability (IU)

  • you are in receipt of VA disability compensation as a result of IU

This is effective October 1, 2008 and is retroactive to January 1, 2005. “

(Note CRDP is Not payable prior to January 2004

CRDP is automatic, CRSC has to be applied for.

The link also has the length of time criteria etc...for either the CRSC or CRDP benefit (they only award one)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

I'd also get an atty specializing in military law, not a JAG or some working for the gov't. They always lowball you and you will get screwed in the end. You need someone to lookout for you and make sure you get full retirement benefits. They'll be way worth the money they may cost. jmo


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use