Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking Ahead To Possible Ptsd Appeal

Rate this question

Ruffcreek

Question

I am a 67 year old VN vet and was rated 50% for PTSD about 8 years ago. Then 6 years ago I asked for an increase which of course resulted in another C & P. At this time I was granted a rating of 100% tempory. A year later I was called in for another C & P for PTSD and remained at 100% tempory. Now five years later I am being called in for another C & P. What has me concerned is what I need to do if they reduce my rating. Would appreciate any advise.

Thanks

P.S. Not that it makes any difference but I am also rated for diabetes, HBP, sleep apnea, and Ischemic Heart disease. If I am reduced on the PTSD I should still be at least 70% and could possibly ask for TDIU. Is that something I could look at?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with Carlie that they can bring you in for an examination whenever they want. We can also remind them of their regulations whenever we want and make that "part of the record".

free spirit - FYI - 4.19 has nothing to do w/the 55yo aspect in the application of P&T. (If I interpreted your post correctly)

pr

Oh.. okay. I just interpreted it to mean that age is not a factor for disability claims, but is a factor for pension claims.