Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension Exam

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

It appears the VA forgot to include my hypertension claim when they did the C&P exams last year in October and November. Odd-but they did not take my BP during the 2012 exams. Just got notice to report next week for a C&P 2.5 hours from home for hypertension (as if driving to Cleveland isn't enough to raise the BP). What exactly do they do during a hypertension exam other than take your BP several times? What should I expect?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I did take a journal of recordings and the recordings of my BP from my local VA Clinic. While she did not actually take the paperwork she used the information from it to add to her records. Blood pressure was only measured 2 times. She said she is supposed to do sitting, standing and laying down--but the cuff will not reach for the laying down version so she would only do 2 readings. Both times it was high. Higher standing than sitting.

Leave it to the VA to set-up and equip a clinic that isn't capable of properly practicing medicine, or hiring doctors that are too lazy to go to another room in the clinic and get a portable machine!

Alternative VA motto: We don't have time to do it right, but we have time to do it over!!

I doubt this indicates a problem for you, but it you have a denial you have something to point to, indicating the exam was not properly coducted.

Edited by 71M10

I read her report and she seemed to not make a connection with this as a secondary issue. She quoted from WebMD. If I need to contest this I am certain I can find documents that support the connection between anxiety and high blood pressure and also chronic pain and high blood pressure. Really don't think WebMD should be their standard.