Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Test Your Guessing Skills

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

1st attempt...I filed my claim Oct 2012. I had my c and p on Sept 20th. I had to see 3 Doctors. First one was a medical doctor, second was mental health and third was Audiology. I don't remember much of the exams, medical doctor asked questions and check reflexes and range of motion. Mental health doctor got to listen to me cry the entire time (couldn't stop it) asked me to do memory test repeating 5 words, counting backwards by 7 and saying as many words that started with "F" as I could. I took my service dog in with me. After the exam was done she chased me down the hall to find out what tasks he performed. She wanted to know if it was for mental health...Of course he is:)

The medical doctor told me at the end of the exam that the VA had mandatory overtime to complete claims and that I should hear something by the end of the month? She also told me I could get copies of the C and P from Records Release by the end of the day. I didn't stick around and just signed to get the results mailed to me. Here is a list of my claims and a short version of my answers...

panic attacks ~ near constant

migraines ~ 3 or more wk

hysterectomy ~ didn't ask doctor why and doctor didn't tell me, but still have ovaries

tinnitus ~ enemy didn't provide hearing protection during the war

DDD (cervial and thoracic) from carrying my ruck sacks and gear that weighted 2x me

malabsorption ~ constant diarrhea since combat

depression~ caused by panic attacks and unknown number of people affected by my decisions

PTSD~ it never goes away. And yes I hate the 4th of July because of the fireworks

hearing loss ~ I am supposed to wear hearing aids but refuse:)

fibromyalgia ~ constant dull pain all over muscle and joints hurt and muscles twitch all over

Exposure to environmental hazards depleted uranium, asbestos, burn pits, poop ponds, dust sand and whatever else was left to float in the air.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What specifically did you claim that got you the 3 C & P exams?

Sounds like you are a Gulf War and/or OEF veteran????

Te VA will lump te MH conditions all together.

We have a PTSD forum here and the new 2010 PTSD regs in there.

Do you have a Vet rep helping you?

And THANK YOU for your service!

I posted a list of my claims in the original post. I think the reason for the three C&P exams is because there were physical claims (one doctor) mental health claims (second doctor) and hearing claims (third doctor). Yes, I am an OEF Vet! I don't have any help with the claims as of right now. If I have to file an appeal I will definitely need to find some:) I may have screwed myself, after I thought about my exams there was a lot of stuff I could have said to help my claims but I was an big ball of emotions and cried like a little baby and couldn't think straight. I thought I read somewhere on this site that you could see a copy of the C&P results on myhealthevet but I couldn't find it.

• HadIt.com Elder

You should engage your brain and wear your hearing aids. They'll improve the quality of your life and of those around you, as they won't have to repeat so much of what they say. I know you don't wear them, due to vanity, but "really" what do you care about what people you don't even know or will probably ever see again, think of you or the fact that you need hearing aids!! I suppose you wouldn't use a wheelchair, if you needed one, either . . . you'd rather show how macho you are by crawling on the ground. Sorry to be so hard, on you, but it's attitudes like yours that make people not want to wear them. I'll bet Pete Townsend wishes he wore ear protection!!! Same difference. jmo

I wear mine regularly and since I've gotten them now hear sounds on the radio I haven't heard for yrs. It took me a little while to get used to hearing sounds I haven't heard in yrs and that I never knew I was missing them.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I don't wear them because they feel funny in my ear which causes itching NOT because I care what people think! . Next time I go to war I will be sure to ask the enemy to wait so I can put in my hearing protection.