Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Korat Thailand Herbicide

Rate this question

phillip.flatt

Question

Have you visited the Yuku.com/forums site.

Go there look at the Agent orange section , then go to section for filing for Thailand . There are maps of Korat but not sure if it will help or not. Lot of info on Korat. Hope this helps

Phillip;

Here's a map of Camp Friendship, it's not real good but hope that it helps. In the Maay 2010 C&P bulletin the VA acknowledged that heribicides were used at the various air bases and army camps, for the Air Force vets they had to be security police or security dog handler or prove that you worked on or neaar the perimeter. For the Army vet he had to be a MP and pulled security detail. Although assigned to Korat I worked at the AutoDin building on the perimeter of Camp Friendship, through the use of buddy letters, maps and picture I was able to get service connection for IHD the past June, I'm still waiting to hear on my DMll NOD. I hope that you have stayed in touch with some of the people that you worked with because you're going to need buddy letters.

Rick.

Camp Friendship Map.doc

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

I need to contact and receive a buddy statement from any army member that was stationed on Camp Friend Ship Thailand 1967 with the signal Bn that had to work and walk perimeter guard. Please

Phillip,

Google the bn, you might get lucky and find that they have a web site and might be able to help you. Also try the website http://www.vetfriends.com/units/?unit=400806.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

THe CDC came out with a document that Agent Orange can be Airborn...The following doc was used by a Thailand vet to get his claim approved...If your job was outside exp. mechanic on plane,,,

"Dust or soil particles contaminated with TCDD can remain airborne or accumulate on indoor or outdoor work surfaces and may present a potential exposure hazard. Exposure to TCDD as a vapor will normally be negligible because of its low vapor pressure. Contact with TCDD-contaminated liquids is possible through the handling of drums or tanks containing the liquid or through dispersion of the liquid."

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/84-104/