Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Influence Is C &p Exam On Rating?

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

I was wondering how much influence does the C and P exam have on the approval and/or disability rating? I am stressed and freaking out because I am about to lose everything. It seems like there are a lot of appeals. Will I be denied the first time?

The exam notes have the following:

PTSD/Panic/Depression

at least as likely as not (50% or greater)

deficiencies in most areas

GAF 45

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You have a shot at 50% or 70%, maybe more but knowing how the VA used to be I'd probably bet on 50%. Ya never know w/the VA, tho. They could surprise ya and give you 100%. They usually like a GAF of 25 or lower for TDIU or 100%. jmo

pr

From what you posted, I don't think you will get a denial, but your question was on rating.

As for the question, how much influence does the C&P have on a rating. Quite a bit, the VA almost always will take their C&P doctors measurements and assesments (even if they were never done) above a private physician/caregiver.

When you get your decision, I advise you read it over. If you are anything like me you will read it too fast and you will get upset about inconsistancies and flat out lies it may contain. Have your reaction good or bad and then set a reminder on your computer or smart phone to re-read the decision in about a week (or after you are no longer elated or pissed off). I find re-reading about a week later when alot of the initial emotion is gone allows me to pick up on subtle details that I missed the first couple of times. With the VA those subtle details or how they parsed something can really give you some insight as to how you rreally should proceed.