Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Denied Before C&p Appointmen

Rate this question

the_stretcher

Question

I am having some issues with my claim. I had an appointment with Comp and Pen. I had to reshedule my appointment and a week before my new appointment i got the infamous later from the VA. It showed that i got denied my PTSD claim due to me not showing up to my appointment. Problem is i had an appointment set up. My local VA in Dayton Ohio can not do anything. I have called the regional office and the lady said she was going to get my claim started back up and i have not seen anything. I called the regional office 2 weeks ago. I am going to give them the rest of this week do see about anything and i am going to have to call the regional office again. Is calling them the only thing i can do to get my claim reinstated or am i going to be forced to do a rebuttle?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes i went to the second one. i verified from my local va that the information was sent to regional office. thr regional office seen that i wnt to the appointment that is why it was noted by the va rep at the regional VA that i went to the appointment and that my claim will be re-opened. If i do not see anything i will be going to get my paperwork from comp and pen and going to talk to my local VFW

Okay. That is good that you went. You should have no problem reopening the claim then. In fact, I don't think it should really have to be reopened since new information was submitted while you are still officially in your appeal period - It is my understanding that as long as you are still within one year of that decision, the claim is still open. They will just need to readjudicate it.

You might want to send them something in writing, informing them that the C&P exam had been re-scheduled, that you reported to the exam as scheduled, and you want them to readjudicate the claim based on the new evidence.

You might as well pick up a copy of the C&P exam and point out how it is in your favor (if it is) - or point out any errors (if there are any).

Sometimes, I think if you let the VA know that you know -- they have to kick their game up a notch.

If they can count on the veteran not getting a copy of, or reading, the C&P exam -- they might have a tendency to interpret the wording a bit differently.

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

Same thing happened to me. The VA cancelled my c&p and then denied my claim saying I was AWOL from my exam. I fixed it but you know it took time.