Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Benifits Is Now Shut Down

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

E benifits is now shut down tell furher notice effective 14:4 pm October 7. There well be no updates or to be able to access. I guess the VA call centers are going next. There computers are now down-agent says system down. I wonder why?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For what it's worth, I logged on and saw the same notice. So I continued and was able to access my claim status. Can't say that the status was accurate, but it was the same as it's been for months so at least it didn't slip backward to "we just received it."

I could have hit the system at just the right time and got through?

I read this on VA's website.

Appropriations Lapse Plan

The President, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs and the administration strongly believe that a lapse in appropriations should not have occurred on October 1, 2013, and Congress should act to fund critical Government operations. During the government shutdown, VA medical centers, clinics and other health services have advance appropriations for 2014 and will remain open. VA has funds available to ensure claims processing and payments in the compensation, pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs will continue through late October. However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs will be suspended when funds are exhausted.VA has produced a 2-page information sheet, the Veterans Field Guide to Government Shutdown, which summarizes all of the services that will be available and those that will be impacted by potential lapse in appropriations. This file will be updated as needed. The department’s detailed contingency plan is also available below.

Just thought I'd share.