Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change On Ebennies

Rate this question

usdart

Question

From last friday it changed to 'Requested Evidence Overdue'. 'Developement Letter Sent'.

I have recieved no request for evidence.

Does this mean another party is holding up my claim?

Maybe I should call and ask?

Tried calling, said office closed. So I guess I just gotta wait again.

Edited by usdart

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since I cannot reach anyone by phone or in person I went to Ebenefits and wrote a question for them to answer. Probably will not help/work but I have to try everything.

I asked them to explain 'requested evidence overdue'.

What do they need?

I asked them who they requested the info from?

I also asked them if I had not recieved a notification maybe?

What can I do to help move this along?

With the federal government "reopening" tomorrow, Lord willing, perhaps you'll actual find someone to answer your question at the RO or your VSO. But if you sent an IRIS inquiry, that should get you an answer in writing.

I was able to talk to a real person!

Linda tells me this was the 5103 letter and they had recieved it back in Aug. So there is nothing they are waiting on.

So I am back in waiting mode instead of panic mode.

Man they are slow..15 months for the average claim and any interuption puts you from FDC to regular in line. So far I am still in FDC mode.

usdart, did the regional office change temporary for your claim? Mines did with the same info you received but when I called, I asked what was needed since it went back to gathering evidence and it showing requested evidence not received, the rep said that she showed it was in the rating phase....however, good luck to you all.

usdart, did the regional office change temporary for your claim? Mines did with the same info you received but when I called, I asked what was needed since it went back to gathering evidence and it showing requested evidence not received, the rep said that she showed it was in the rating phase....however, good luck to you all.

No, the RO is the same , Seattle. She said they just did not remove the 'evidence requested is past due' yet. She looked through my file and said everything was there so it should move to the next phase. She also said that gathering evidence takes the longest time.

She also mentioned that they do not always require a C&P if all the evidence they need is there. A C&P may be needed for some parts which will slow those in the system. Beats me if any or all of mine are going to need a C&P or not. I suspect the hearing test and the PTSD will.

She also mentioned that they do not always require a C&P if all the evidence they need is there. A C&P may be needed for some parts which will slow those in the system. Beats me if any or all of mine are going to need a C&P or not. I suspect the hearing test and the PTSD will.

If the VA is going to spend money, you gotta believe they'll want their own doctor to verify what your doctor told them. Hearing tests are a given for a C&P. With PTSD only diagnosed as compensatable by the VA itself, you'll certainly have one of those C&Ps as well.

With my last claim which was an FDC, the VAMC seemed to be a pretty big hurry to get the C&Ps done before their 30 day deadline. Then the doctor who did my neurological questionare lost the data and had to call me on the phone three weeks later and redo the exam right over the phone! Finally, the VAMC wanted to schedule another C&P with an actual neurologist, but then decided not to and cancelled the appointment. In retrospect, the one they cancelled probably would have pushed the claim over the top...