VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% With Iu For Depression C&p Follow Up Never Occured.

Rate this question

Ancientwolf13

Question

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, feel free to move this post. I am in an odd situation with the VA Disability. I am rated 70% for Depression since Feb 2006 with IU to 100% since Feb 2008 after worker rehab failed and deemed my condition makes me unemployable. I have been on SSDI for Depression since June 2007. I recently went to try to get a homestead and vehicle tax exemption and I was denied stating I wasn't listed as permanent so they said to contact the VA to see if it was since I have been out of work since my discharge in Feb 2006. I contacted the local VA rep they sent me to DAV who sent me to a Person at the regional VA office about P&T, they were public affairs or some title like that. They said that I was supposed yo have a C&P appointment a few years ago in 2011, but they never scheduled me and she has no idea why they didn't. She said that for the Tax purposes I needed to be P&T. She then said I can try for P&T, but I could have my rating decreased since I have been listed as temporary all these past 7 years or I can go with option 2 and not say anything and just put up with collecting 100% I have been. She then said if I went the P&T route to have the VA doctor I'm seeing note everything is still occuring from my letter from the first and only C&P I've had, but I still may be reduced. It is confusing since I haven't had any straight answers if I'm eligible for P&T or why C&P never scheduled me the follow up. Is this a normal situation and I'm not sure what to do. I was planning on moving on my own since I don't like living with people, but knowing my income is in limbo and no straight answers my hands are tied. Should I try for P&T since I have been beeing treated for so long with no improvement according to my doctor?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Bertie and Carlie,

I would like to thank you guys for being so helpful. I know a lot about the new IDES system, where I received my %s while on active duty awaiting to be medically retired. I am new to the Civilian side of the house. I have to wait till one of my %s get bumped up to atleast 40% before I can apply for IU. I am meeting my Lawyer on Tuesday for the SSD side of the house. I currently have a Fully Developed Claim in to have my %s upped. I can only hope that I become as proficient as you guys and make the process for me as smooth as possible. Thanks again and truly wish you two the best.

Reading your post is similar to some I have read before...You are 70% disabled but are being paid at the 100% rate because you are unemployable. There is a section of www.ebenefits.va.gov where you can generate a letter which basically prints what you are stating here. If one logs into this site and(you have to register first). Once you are logged in scroll over to the 3rd option(topic) Access my documents. Then click to topic download VA letters. Got to step 2 and Select a letter from the following list. Benefit Summary-Veteran Benefits. Military Service Information...Includes boxes to check or uncheck (These are checked with and also a description is given to the right)

You have one or more service connected disabilities.

Your combined service connected eval is 70%(yours per your info).

Your current monthly award amount is $2823.

The effective date of the last change to your current award was February 2008.

You are being paid at the 100% rate because you are unemployable due to your service connected disabilities.

You are not considered to be permanent disabled due to your service connected disabilities because your case is scheduled for review February 2013.

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service connected disability at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction...

You are not service connected for a loss of or loss of use of a limb, or are totally blind, or missing both or one eye.

You can print out this letter it will include all of this information and information about you, your military branch, date entered and discharged,type of discharge and will have a signature of Robert T. Reynolds Director Benefits Assistance Services. All with stamped signature. But it basically lets you know in a nut shell your% and for what and dates too. Maybe you should pursue P&T as you could receive a reduction as stated per 5 years...But we all know never to trust the VA with what they say or write as they can and do make changes often. Good luck. Sorry post was so long but wanted you to see dates you can copy at your desire.

Berta thank you for that information I will definitely look into that and procede to submit that letter.

Have you been submitting a yearly Employment Questionnaire (21-4140) since your IU was granted ?

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/vba-21-4140-1-are.pdf

No I haven't, I was never told I had to and no one has contacted me otherwise. Is this a requirement? The only thing I was told was to show up for my Telemed appointments every 3 months with my psychiatrist to check how I am doing along with adjusting and ordering more meds and my Physical and Blood Test every year which I haven't missed a single one. Originally I was put into therapy sessions whith a psycologist, but that was discontinued. I haven't received anything in the mail except appointment slips and correspondance before that decision.

Halos 2 Thank you for directing me to that.

I am currently trying to contact my psychiatrist to find out her viewpoint on my mental status currently. Last time I asked that it was the same as why I was awarded and this was in May of this year.

Edited by Ancientwolf13