Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Presumpitve Ihd With Aicd Require Nexus ?

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

I was approved presumptive IHD with AICD for 30 %
Went to VA today to ask why rating was low with AICD. They stated I needed a nexus between IHD and AICD even though I am approved for Presumptive for Herbicide Thailand and DM.,.
My DBQ was done in 2011 so they have requested a new DBQ before they approve 100 %.They want a NEXUS between IHD and AICD ......
I thought with the presumptive claims no nexus was required...............
Care is with outside physicians...........
What did I miss on this one.
Thanks JC

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The RO is doing this to mess with you. Just get a DOC to write it up like this: The veterans ventricular arrythmias are caused by his Ischemic heart disease, (he must add why with Medical mumbo Jumbo). A Cardioverter is required to keep his heart in rythem.

Be careful, these guys are visious. They only see us as a number. Some of the things they write to the veteran can cause the veteran to have a heart attack.

It is not adversarial at all, is it? It is just a game to them. The Veteran must play it.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks JB , my husband feels exactly that way , The doc is out of town till Monday so will get a new DBQ and I like your statement . I hope I can keep him medicated till Monday as this has caused so much stress. They waited 2 years to tell me and sitting through a DRO interview to say DBQ needs re done............( nails on chalkboard)

In my opinion they would have never tried to make this right so quickly ,at this point, if you had not sent them that CUE claim right away ,during the appeal period.

This is their error and VA has to fix it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta agree. I don't think they want a cue and said once they get the new DBQ, they will do a " re-work " etc. The VSO almost had a stroke when we walked in and said we needed update on our CUE.........they are so disorganized..........not happy we did the cue but told them to get over it especially since they had not been of any help when we tried to speak with them. They got the DRO on phone and we had a plan in 5 minutes............jc

I agree - they know they messed up - so they aren't sending you to the back of the line. But they are making you jump through another hoop so they can pretend like they didn't mess up.

Think Outside the Box!