Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advice... I Want To Apply For Tdiu

Rate this question

jdman

Question

Hello everyone,

I just recently was awarded 70% SC for Major Depressive Disorder. That is the only thing currently i am rated for other than a broken hand(0%).

I am a Federal employee. I haven't worked since Sept 2011 due to PTSD and MDD. I did 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. When I have had ALL of my Psych Evaluations they could not differentiate which symptoms are the most debilitating to me so they put them both as co-morbid.

I am wanting to file for TDIU since i am 70% SC for MDD and cannot work. Everyone has deemed me totally disabled. When I apply for TDIU are they going to not award due to my civilian PTSD. They both affect me honestly. Just need some advice on this one.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Free Spirit,

I did apply for IU yesterday when I went to the VA Med Center here in OKC. I found out yesterday with all my claims now completed I was increased to 90% SC. They gave me 60% CFS, 30% GERD, 10% Hypothyroidism, and 70% MDD. Thanks for everything! I truly appreciate the help so far. I am going to ask for an increase in my hypothyroidism after going to see my dr. yesterday and having bloodwork done.

jdman,

Wonderful news! Wow! 70 + 60 + 30 + 10 is only 90 under VA math? I would think the CFS and MDD ratings will also help with SSDI. Actually a 30% rating for GERD means you have it pretty bad, I think. With two high ratings in conditions that can very much affect your ability to work, I would certainly hope TDIU would be granted. But if the VA gave you any trouble, I am sure an attorney would love to jump right on this one.

So great news on the benefits so far. Bad news at having all those conditions so severally. Hopefully, getting some steady income coming in will take a bit of stress off though.

Think Outside the Box!