Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello All

Rate this question

wp35068

Question

Retired U.S.Navy, Combat aircrew.

Retired in 1996 and thought I'd work to at least 65, but that changed back in 2008 when Duty & Adventure caught up with me. Now the rain pain, author and PTSD took over. Trying to file own my own accord and finding every quagmire in the system. So I here, learning from all you salts. I have plenty of questions that will be posted shortly.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks.

I have a question.

Just awarded 30% for my PTSD, But with the combined rating with the first 20%, I have 40%. I am going to appeal and I,m leaning towards reconsideration rather than NOD, which I understand an NOD will basically start the process over. I have 11 months to file a NOD. As well I have two other separate claims filed for secondary to PTSD, which one is currently in review.

Got any advice?

The VA might stall on the Recon Request, to piss away your NOD time.

If you do file for a reconsideration, make sure you refer to and attach evidence that shows the decision was wrong and mark your calendar.

The VA responded to me and acted like they were actually reconsidering a decision they had made...until they made up a regulation ,thinking I would buy what they were selling , and when I asked them to produce that reg they couldnt.

I filed my NOD within days of the NOD deadline.

Do you have a vet rep who would be willing to support your recon request?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks Berta

I do not as such have a va rep other than the American Legion who represented me by proxy in the claim. I did not choose them, so I guess they were there when my file came up for review. I was not notified of the trial date or anything else. I have obtained some good tips from the DAV here as far as research into VA cases on line, which has been excellent ideas.

Now I have just been awarded total disability from ssa with in 6 months, and the disability elements awarded are items the VA Denied.. If I were to file again with the SSA doc's med eval, Would that mean anything. And I realize it might Have something to do with the Moon phase, as well as how lucky the rater got last night. And I have three secondary claims waiting to send in.

Thanks for your Ideas and help to everyone ,