Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think the rules ebb and flow, my dav got shut down for 30 days a few months back, and I called the national number and they would not tell me exactly why, just that they must be in some violation.

• HadIt.com Elder

"This is just my opinion" but many VSO's find themselves in a sweet little place where they can make their own hours and then abuse it. I know the VSO's, w/offices at the VARO's, generally have fulltime secretaries and basically dump everything on them, including "manning the store."

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not happy with your VSO try another. In Texas we can choose from Texas Veterans Commission. many national service organizations, some private foundations also have service officers and also Texas Counties have them ranging from good to some cronies that the County wants to earn a paycheck.

You should be able to go to office and wait your turn and see someone. The fact that they were shut down is not a good sign either.

Good luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hello

I would be glad to chime in on this one. I am Service Officer (volunteer) for a local DAV office as a service office. Our offices are divided by chapters and each run our office totally different. The one located uptown VA has appointments on certain days and downtown does walk in Mon-Thurs. I can't say much for the other states however it seems that by having appointments they may want to give veterans more attention with their claims. Taken in consideration of the office hours and how many people may be seen in a given day one veteran could take up as much as an hour to assist. So I can only guess that they are looking out for what may benefit our veterans to their best. If these Service Officers work (not National Service Officers) for the DAV they are unpaid vets volunteering to support you.