Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Not Complete

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

I requested a copy of my c-file several months after rating for kidney removal due to kidney cancer . there was nothing in my c-file at all abt my kidney surgery. why would this be ? the files were in my med recs at the local vamc, which I have copies of.

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So with all of that being said, why would you figure I just got a partial amount of my records. ? I went to the vamc and had them print all I had from 2003 no problem.

Edited by 63SIERRA

also the way I understood, the records are going to a different place, that exclusively transfers the paper records into digital, then sends the digital format back to the RO from which it came, then they have a complete digital copy of the veterans records.

All I can tell you is what we are required. Maybe the rest if your vamc records were electronically uploaded into the RO electronic program and the ROI thought that there was no reason to print those as it is evident by your statement you already have access to them. Jmho.

Quality dictates we get any and all records from vamc we are directed to. If bit directed the just the last year from the most recent vamc. Truthfully most vsr at our RO pull everything so quality won't gig us. Hopefully yours will get straightened out.

well the reason I wanted a copy of my c-file, is to see what the raters used to decide my claim , thats the reason veterans have access to it by law. So It would seem to me, that they would have sent everything.

Also I dont know how the ROI could possibly know what i had and didnt have.

Edited by 63SIERRA

All I can tell you is what we are required. Maybe the rest if your vamc records were electronically uploaded into the RO electronic program and the ROI thought that there was no reason to print those as it is evident by your statement you already have access to them. Jmho.

Quality dictates we get any and all records from vamc we are directed to. If bit directed the just the last year from the most recent vamc. Truthfully most vsr at our RO pull everything so quality won't gig us. Hopefully yours will get straightened out.

The Rater had to have my records, because they approved my claim, the problem I have is they didnt compensate me for the cancer, which was active when I filed my claim, it should have been 100 percent, for at least 6 months.

I think its pretty clear, If I send a letter to the va asking for a complete copy of the c-file they used to decide my claims, it would be a fairly cut and dried request. Not up to the records clerk to decide what they think I may or may not want, or what records I already have access to and on and on. Its a very simple request.

Am I not permitted to recieve an entire copy of my c-file from the va that was used to decide my claims, without having to be subject to what others think is " best for me " .. " what I really need"? ,, Just send me the damned file please.

THAT IS WHY THINGS ARE SO SCREWED UP . the va reads into everything, to try and get the high ground on the veteran, to try and deny the claims, everything is a battle with them.