Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

93% Finished?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I read that the VA is claiming 93% of claims older than 1 year are done. They do not address the percentage of FDC claims finished.

I also read that 400,000 claims are backed up in the system.

Is it me or do these numbers sound funky?

Anyone know what is really going on?

Spinning the numbers to stay out of trouble does not help Vets. I wish they would put down their crooked pencil and get to the real work.

I am getting nervous here because Ebennies has had me in 'Review of Evidence' and 'Evidence Requested is past Due' for 3 months. The past due is just the 5103 which if you look at evidence recieved it shows it arrived in Aug 2013. So these are conflicting Satus's (or whatever it's called/spelled).

Edited by usdart

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

usdart,

I know how you feel. My VSO suggested I put in a FDC in September, even though it should have been a NOD since I just got off Active Duty in February this year. He forgot to put it all the VAs that are treating me, so he called a friend in Waco RO and she put in a paper in my file, without the VA knowing. I have hope, but I am just so used to getting screwed as you are. I hired a Civilian Lawyer for my SSD claim a month ago, and I am very nervous about that too. Good luck to you and God Bless. Keep us updated and try not to go crazy like me, LOL!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Just becasue the claim is done, doesn't necessarily mean it was done right. The appeals backlog number in about a year should be very interesting(I do hope I am wrong).

the stats are not correct and are just plain inaccurate. USDART, you have to not place so much trust in the e-benefits site. believe me, the site is inaccurate and never up to date. When the VA gets this site up and running and doing what it is designed to do, then it will be an awesome site, no doubt!

Navy04, you are correct, that should of been an NOD. If your VSO had you submit a FDC, once it gets processed, it will be processed as a normal claim because it does not meet the criteria of an NOD then lost in the system for a long time!

I would recommend this, submit a VA FM 21-4138 and state words to this effect; I previously submitted a claim on (date). I now wish to withdraw that claim in its entirety. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. VA will oblige and withdraw this claim in a heart beat. They will then send you a letter stating that your claim has been withdrawn.

In the meantime, obtain a VA FM 21-0958 (Notice of Disagreement) and fill it out. This form isn't difficult. Remember, when you submit an NOD, you will need some type of medical documentation to support your NOD. The VA will not accept an NOD that states anything like "because I think, or I believe" you need factual documents or medical records to support your claim.

The next thing I would do, fire your VSO, or send him/her a letter of you have been relieved of your duties. Any VSO would not of done what he did. Evidently he missed some training somewhere.

This is your claim, don't let VSO buddies place anything into your c-file/claim without your permission or without them providing you a copy of that documentation. Remember, this is your claim!!

If I can be of any assistance, shoot me a message, I'd be glad to help!

Rick

Edited by meghp0405

Just becasue the claim is done, doesn't necessarily mean it was done right. The appeals backlog number in about a year should be very interesting(I do hope I am wrong).

Ditto - Appeals will be tremendous and many will probably just walk away and let it go.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Megh,

Thank you so much. So what you are saying is that they will not process the FDC to begin with? So, basically I lost the last month and a half.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars