Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well The Wait Is Done....

Rate this topic

LivinginHell

i last worked when i left the army. 27 Feb 2013. They stated it was to gather evidence which does not make since. Also, can they take all of the payments? back in 2003, they paid me wrong and continued to do so. I had no idea until i got the nice big letter from them so I contacted my congressman who told me that they gave me the option to appeal (which they never did). It just amazing that when they screw up it takes years to fix....But if we screw up they take action right then and there. I had to rejoin the military to make ends meet in 2008...

anyways, i guess it does not matter anymore. it may be a win but the tdui is going to take a year or so (according to post on here) and though they know i have played russian roulette many times, i guess that they would prefer more homeless vets (or wait til we die). I have two of my close battle buddies take their lives because of the stuff we went thru....i guess i am just a number. i got my letter on wed and still no payment. xmas time is the worst holiday ever. i had to steal a small tree to make my kids think its ok. i had to pawn my car to buy xmas presents and food. WWP/VA knows whats going on but all i am told is get in line. Man, i guess i will never catch a break unless its my neck!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of stealing a tree and risking an arrest, and pawning the car for gifts and food

you can contact the social service agencies in your area and of most importance go to your nearest

Vet Center - they usually provide quite a bit of help.

www.vetcenter.va.gov

or

http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/state.asp?State=CA&dnum=ALL

also, have you contacted

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

i have contacted wwp...they know my status. they have been ok but i am just one of thousands of wounded warriors who need help. i live in socal so everything is expensive. but cant get welfare because they said that i make too much money (they count the va even though i wont be receiving anything)... its ok i guess. again, im just a ptsd guy who is like many others. but hey, i got 80%. better than i what i thought. just not gonna celebrate it... wish i could give it to someone else who could use it.....

Edited by LivinginHell

You know my brother, we have all been to that point where we have decided it is better to live than die. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, some times you have to make opportunity. I am here for you and everyone else that has to make the big decision. You can not think of just yourself when you have family and friends that love you. Be brave, keep your head up and your back straight, we will all come out of this in the right state of mind.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use