Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well The Wait Is Done....

Rate this topic

LivinginHell

well see their is an old army saying....that if the army wanted me to be married then they would of issued me a wife. yea, i have been thru 2 in 2 different times in the army. same old story here. 2 kids, 2 different wives. my 1st exwife receives the cs. my 2nd one had to give me my kid at least 50% of the time. and when it comes to free lunches, i tried but since my ex has since remarried (yup, to a guy who made more money then i did while i was in the army) they denied it. i will always make sure my kid as good food no matter what! my creditors stopped calling so i am not worried about them. its the current rent/car insurance/cell phone (which i am required to have with gps always on), electricity, etc... steal from peter to pay paul.

as far as the old va claim, i was unaware of any wrong doing. i always sent in my stuff and they always sent me a check for the 80% no matter what. i called once a year and spoke with peggy to make sure i was doing right (they always told me that if they didnt send anything, dont worry about it)...and my biggest thing is that if i did wrong, why was I never charged with a crime (i asked the VA director in Washington State and he agreed with me that i did nothing wrong and it was a mistake on their part but i have to repay the money no matter what)!

I got the 70% rating for ptsd and this whole VA thing has made it 10 x worse! i get to be alone for another holiday and since i am "too scary" to work, then i just feel useless and hate asking for help most of the time because i know that i am just a number!

but hey, i got the hardest part done so at least i dont have to worry about the va for the next 5 years or so. still, i would rather be working and be happy and not living with the crap in my head. it sucks and sometimes i wish that they had left me in afghanistan where i could of died like a man, not wither away living in this hell!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear you tried to get help...So sorry to hear it went the way it did, yet it's only over if you let it be. Dude, you endured combat tours and service to our country and you EARNED the right to get care for the issues you are feeling. I would not waste any time and effort complaining to some receptionist's boss about the way you were forgotten about in their waiting room. At best, it may give you temp satisfaction but one thing I learned is to pick my battles. Go to the VA Medical Center ER and tell them you're in need of seeing the Psych on duty. Trust me, they will have someone THAT DAY OR NIGHT come to see you. Sure, nobody likes to wait in an emergency room and you may be there a couple hours so bring a full pack of smokes! But they are equipped to handle and help you nowadays when it comes to PTSD. It's your decision but one I truly hope you consider. Keep in touch with us and feel free to ask-away...You'll always get an opinion and you're much more than a "number" to us...

LC

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use