VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Uploading To Ebenefits

Loose Cannon

Looking for advice...I have a statement in support of a claim that I want to upload to ebennies but I need to sign the form prior to uploading it. Not sure how to do this or if it's better to just mail it to my RO via "snail mail".

I used the VA's "fillable form" and all is good 'till I got to the signiture block. I have it saved as a PDF on my computer. I do have MS Office on the computer...just not sure what course to take next? Anyone have any good or bad experiences uploading documents? I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

LC

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LC, I haven't done it. I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling like when you get the RRR receipt from the post office.

Please come back and post what and how it went and if you got any kind of confirmation that it really worked.

Loose,

There are certain programs that allow you to digitally sign documents, but I don't know which ones. I would just sign it and mail through Post Office. I mailed something to SSA from Texas to Indiana and it got there in 2 days and cost me $1.38. It was not overnight, but the next one down. Mailing should be just fine. I don't trust computers, but you could print form, sign, and scan it to your computer and upload it that way. I have a cheap Printer, Scanner and copier and it cost me $70 at Walmart a few weeks ago and it is wireless and easy to set up.

Me either!! Leaning towards just mailing it RR via post office like I've done in the past but I'll keep you updated...Thanks Slowlane

I also wonder how I would get a "receipt" from ebennies indicating it was in fact received electronically. I've got a 3-in-1 machine like you but the signature part is what stumps me. If it was just a regular document I'd give it a shot straight from my computer. Looks risky at best but might just be my ignorance....Thanks navy04

Lc

• 2 weeks later...

I found this quote on EBenifits.

"Claims for VA compensation, pension and vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits (VA Form 21-526, 21-686c, 21-4138, and 28-1900): A signature is not required in most cases when completing these forms. Prior to final submission of your application in VONAPP, you will be prompted to certify that all information you have entered on your form is accurate. Your certification serves as your signature."

That covers the signature part.

I have to file an appeal soon.........Think I'll take a shot at it because I have time enough to come back and verify what happened.

I found this quote on EBenifits.

"Claims for VA compensation, pension and vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits (VA Form 21-526, 21-686c, 21-4138, and 28-1900): A signature is not required in most cases when completing these forms. Prior to final submission of your application in VONAPP, you will be prompted to certify that all information you have entered on your form is accurate. Your certification serves as your signature."

That covers the signature part.

I have to file an appeal soon.........Think I'll take a shot at it because I have time enough to come back and verify what happened.

Thanks for finding that. I already got the green return receipt card back from sending my stuff in via the USPS but that is great to know for any future items if needed. Glad you cleared that up for me! Best of luck with your appeal.

LC