Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Needing Some Advice

Rate this question

infantry10

Question

My claim was rated on Oct 31 and it's been in pending decision approval ever since. I'm grateful that its got this far and its got the attention it has. But, if it doesn't start moving a little faster I'm afraid I'm going to lose my house. My question is...would it benefit me to contact a senator at this stage or would it hurt me. I am willing to do anything at this point if it would help move things along faster but I'm not sure if that would be the best option or not. If anyone has any advice, I would grately appreciate it!! I'm desperate and any opinions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Once he gets you back on track, I would file a complaint against that lady. It appears that she may have been instrumental in your delay. I don't know for sure, but there is enough circumstantial evidence there to raise an eyebrow or two.

I wouldn't contact any politician, yea, they will assist widows/widowers to no end (and I'm glad they do) but with your situation, it would just compound and delay even longer your situation. Perhaps when you go in the morning, take with you the copies of the documentation that you had previously faxed and send it again when you have this individual on the phone.

I'm not going to go the congressional route. This guy seems to be wanting to take care of it for me so I'm going to put my faith and trust in him. I'm taking with me all 3 forms I've filled out with the time stamps on them. He (Tom) said if the VA would of got that form months ago it would have already been fixed cause thats all they needed. He used to work in my local AL office years ago until he got promoted and now works at the RO. He was the one who helped me get my IU years ago. He said, somebody has some explaining to do cause what happened to me was bs and they knew that form was the only thing needed to fix it so why they opened up a new claim for IU was confusing to him. I'm just glad I finally got somebody willing to help me cause the local office has caused more problems than anything else. He said for now on he will be working directly with me until its fixed so that takes a huge weight off my shoulders.

I'm glad to hear someone is finally handling it. So all this time the AL was telling you to wait and be patient was unnecessary. I also wondered why they had to rate your claim again.

I was thinking you said the VA confirmed they had your form the day you faxed it and it was scanned into their system, but the computer didn't recognize it (or something like that).

But it sounds like you are on the right track now. Or should I say they are on the right track now. (You were already there...)

Unfortunately I listened to the AL over my own gut feelings. I asked many of times why they put in a new claim for IU but never really got a answer other than, thats just what we have to do. But at the same time their telling me this is a learning experience for them. What they should of said was, we don't know what the h*ll were doing!!

Just got a phone call from the guy at the RO. He said he was calling to tell me everything is fixed! He took my proof of fax and gave it to the right people and it on the top of the list in the priority box. Said, he couldn't promise it would be done today because of the time but its possible it could be. I've still never talked with my local AL today. I guess they took the day off for a snow day....