Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I'm sure this question has been ask before. How long will it take to receive retro pay? Some say 3 months or more. My claim (80 to 90% effective 2008) was approved 5 Oct 2013 and DFAS audit completed 17 Nov 2013. Thanks

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Like you, I am awaiting back pay from the VA. I called DFAS today and inquired IF and WHEN a DFAS audit was performed and sent to the Winston-Salem NC VARO. I was informed it had been performed on September 28, 2012 and sent to DFAS on October 19, 2012.

Records show that DFAS paid me "their share" on October 3, 2012 but that the VA still owes me upwards of 25k!!!!! The woman from DFAS said they are prohibited from telling me the exact amount but she did tell me that much for which I was very grateful for.

She also said she was amazed that I have waited this long and that she never heard of anyone waiting this long...Guess she hasn't logged on here and heard our stories... Incredible, but what else can be done? Don't mean to scare you but these are the facts of my case. Hope your wait won't be nearly as long! Good luck & I wish you the best.

LC

depends on what VARO has to dispense the funds. Many VARO's have taken the individuals that were working dependency and retro pay issues to work on assisting with the backlog of claims.

Again, many of the VARO's have given the retro/dependency issues as an additional duty and to kick that off, they can only work 5 of those claims a month. many people have told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I first said this about 2 years ago. It's happening and happening well, and it stinks for us veterans that have to wait on anything that's owed us!

Its wrong in so many ways. It has gotten to the point where doing a congressional isn't doing any good either. The VA has become numb to those as well.

After what I found out today, we veterans are going to be in a world of hurt if any of the proposals I seen today go through. I would urge each veteran out there (regardless of political party) to write your elected politician and tell them to leave the veterans benefits alone.

Some of these politicians want to do away with TDIU and CRDP programs just to name a couple. Resolutions are being written up to do away with these programs as we speak. Its absolute hell what they are doing and like I said, we all need to contact our elected politician, and fast!

Greetings

It's nerve racking waiting for my retro pay especially after waiting years to get a higher rating for my service-connected aliments. Well, I'm very determine and will wait as long as it will take to get here. It's puzzling because I was at 90 % for 10 months before being downgraded to 80%....because a 30% skin aliment was reduced to10%. The DFAS audit was completed and my rating swiftly went up and down the flagpole,and my retro pay didn't take long at all. Hopefully good news soon.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Don't want to hi-jack your thread but I made a call to DFAS this week to inquire IF they completed their audit for my retired pay adjustment?...Answer:YES, on Sept 28, 2012. Next question...When was the audit sent to the VA?...Answer: Oct 19, 2012 !!

Today's date is Dec 12, 2013 last time I checked...Do the math and it's coming up on 14 MONTHS! DFAS said the VA owes me upwards of 25k but I'll believe it when I see it...and there is't a damn thing I can do is wait. Meanwhile, the whole time it has simply been displayed in eBenefits as "CLAIM RECEIVED"...If I had that kind of $$ in a bank earning intrest, anyone want to guess how much I'd have now?

Wait...don't answer that 'cause I'd probably start cryin!!!! Just sayin' what's allready been said...but nobody listens at the VA...FIX THE BACKLOG PLEASE!

LC (a very frustrated LC)

Don't want to hi-jack your thread but I made a call to DFAS this week to inquire IF they completed their audit for my retired pay adjustment?...Answer:YES, on Sept 28, 2012. Next question...When was the audit sent to the VA?...Answer: Oct 19, 2012 !!

Today's date is Dec 12, 2013 last time I checked...Do the math and it's coming up on 14 MONTHS! DFAS said the VA owes me upwards of 25k but I'll believe it when I see it...and there is't a damn thing I can do is wait. Meanwhile, the whole time it has simply been displayed in eBenefits as "CLAIM RECEIVED"...If I had that kind of $$ in a bank earning intrest, anyone want to guess how much I'd have now?

Wait...don't answer that 'cause I'd probably start cryin!!!! Just sayin' what's allready been said...but nobody listens at the VA...FIX THE BACKLOG PLEASE!

LC (a very frustrated LC)

I don't normally recommend this, but since your audit has been completed and it's been with the VA 14 months, you need to get your elected official involved. This is really the only time that I've seen these guys do any good.

Just sent another iris with the dates and claim status update request... Considering pitching a tent outside the Winston Salem RO like the folks do on the eve of Black Friday except one thing...I would continue to live in that tent right near the main entrance until my claim gets completed or the police arrest me. Any guess which would come first? LOL! Hey...maybe the local news would get word of it then and it would bring some awareness to what so many of us are facing. This is absurd.