Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Claim Question

Rate this question

truck905

Question

I received my brown package the other day and it seems that VA is requesting dates and events that lead up to my PTSD in service. I have to appoints (C&P) next week PTSD that says TEST and Eval. Today i'm going to one that says medicine...The packet simply denied one of my claims out of 7 which one being PTSD. On my OSA I had several Lay statements from fellow soldiers with one being a medic that work in the hospital. Then I other claims that was less stronger than mines that I highlighted strong points that I had. On my High blood pressure they sent me for C&P and blood pressure was 153/112, 143/107 and 163/112. Loss use of limb by taking high BP meds and taking the purple pill. At 1st they had it as a special Compensation and not part of rating...Dr ask a few questions and I think it went through. Confused why they didnt address the full claim?

Thanks for any reply

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

“Loss use of limb by taking high BP meds and taking the purple pill. “

Not much info here but was this a Section 1151 claim?

“At 1st they had it as a special Compensation and not part of rating.. “

What do you mean by “at first”?

“it seems that VA is requesting dates and events that lead up to my PTSD in service. “

We have the new 2010 PTSD criteria here in our PTSD forum.

It is within this topic in my May 15th post:

If you do not fall into the “hostile activity' etc criteria, than the VA needs proof of your inservice stressor.

Often that requires a strong buddy statement or other inservice documentation, unless you have the PH, CAR, and/or CIB on your DD 214.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I received my brown package the other day and it seems that VA is requesting dates and events that lead up to my PTSD in service.

I have to appoints (C&P) next week PTSD that says TEST and Eval. Today i'm going to one that says medicine...The packet simply denied one of my claims out of 7 which one being PTSD.

On my OSA I had several Lay statements from fellow soldiers with one being a medic that work in the hospital. Then I other claims that was less stronger than mines that I highlighted strong points that I had. On my High blood pressure they sent me for C&P and blood pressure was 153/112, 143/107 and 163/112. Loss use of limb by taking high BP meds and taking the purple pill. At 1st they had it as a special Compensation and not part of rating...Dr ask a few questions and I think it went through. Confused why they didnt address the full claim?

Thanks for any reply

On the OSA - if the lay statements are supportive of observations, take a copy of them to leave

with the sleep study peeps or examiner

On "Loss use of limb by taking ....." are you referring to erectile dysfunction ?

If yes - then that wouldn't really be Loss use of limb but could warrant an SMC

based on loss of use of creative organ - (in this case) if found to be secondary to a SC'd condition.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

PTSD has to be diagnosed or you would have to been treated for PTSD. The VA will look at buddy letters, but they do know that most good Service Members will write these for friends if requested, whether the PTSD claim is valid or not. I am sure yours is, but you need to get the medical evidence, records or medications that are PTSD, Depression or Anxiety related. Just wait and see what %s or Dollars the VA gives you, and then go from there. God Bless and hope you get an Early Christmas.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thank you all for your reply! My current ratings are as follows...30% Asthma 10% Tinnitus and receive SMC for erectile dysfunction. Hypertension 0%, My 1st C & P was Oct 13 was for my BP. The readings that were taking and recorded was 153/110 143/102 and 155/107. The doctor didn't like the readings but recorded them as such. She also questions me on my erectile dysfunction that was claimed as a secondary to the primary of BP meds. I have been fighting my BP since 2002 with VA. the Dr. indicated that both should go through with no problems. When I 1st claimed the sexual dysfunction in Apr 2012, it was like no questions and they assigned me this SMC. I also claimed (1) Obstructive Sleep Apnea (2) OSA as a secondary to hypertension. The Dr. said that she couldn't agree with that but should have been written as Hypertension secondary to OSA she would agree. She went through all the evidence VA had on file with me and made me a list to take with me.

Today, C&P Dr talk about my asthma and ordered a pulmonary function test in the next few days I think. She took my BP once and it was 153/107 and went through my meds to have my primary increase it. She the ask of my chest pains which I couldnt understand because my brown package already denied chest pains. (ANY THOUGHT) My PTSD is next week, test and eval. Ive been talking to psychiatric for 1.5 years now and ordered meds on my second visit. the cause of this was a tank over turned while raining when I was driving. I know this will be along shot...........Prostate cancer questionnaire filled out by my primary and sent to Nashville and scheduled for surgery in a few months. Prostate is also claimed on file. I think they may try to deny my OSA but think they will award Hypertension. For my OSA, I had statement from 3 service members which one being a hospital nurse, my current wife, ex girlfriend and daughter to my 1st wife. I had a sleep study done which i was told that my numbers were of the chart. My 1st CPAP was issued in 02 at VA in VA. All Lay evidence seemed to be very strong. What about using past appeals that were granted as evidence in my behalf if my case seems stronger?

VA seems not to address this sleep apnea but to take short cuts not to approve this at all cost. VA included a form to send back with a statement of support and if I have any evidence. The statement has to be within 2 months of the incident. The DAV is SUPPOSE to be my POA but I think this issue maybe going to DC, so I guess it's time ti fire them and take a different approach.

ANY FEED BACK WELCOME!!!!

Sorry so long

Truck,

How much do you get for the ED?

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007