Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Was Totally Missed On Decision Letter

Rate this question

knight58

Question

I filed a claim in Aug 2012 and got the decsion letter in Jun 2013, but 1 of the claims was totolly overlooked. When I when through the QTC the doctor did the DBQ and it was included in my file. I was told by a VARO supervisor that I would need to submit a Reconsideration for the remaining claim. I filed a FDC Reconsideration and elevated to Hardship in Jul 2013 and have not heard anything; still stuck in Decision phase. Any ideas? Thanks for the consideration.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately, sometimes this does tend to happen, but sometimes there is a reason.

If the claim was "similar" to another claim, they may have merged the two together or consider it pyramiding.

Sometimes they just forget a claim. Yes, this does happen. The claim may also have been submitted, but the C&P doc simply fails to report on it. Yes, they can screw this up too. If a claim is missed, it is still considered an open claim.

Because you filed hardship, if you qualified they should have hopefully jumped on it sooner than this. I'm not very familiar with hardship requests, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will help out. I just wanted to let you know the VA really does miss things sometimes.

I know how you feel bud. I filed my FDC in Sep 13, and I have not received a letter nor has the VA even started working my Darn claim. My VSO is a nice guy, but he has too much faith in the VA. He said "I have never seen an FDC take more than 4 months", and I am at 4 months now with nothing done, guess he was a little off on this one.

I filed a claim in Aug 2012 and got the decsion letter in Jun 2013, but 1 of the claims was totolly overlooked. When I when through the QTC the doctor did the DBQ and it was included in my file. I was told by a VARO supervisor that I would need to submit a Reconsideration for the remaining claim. I filed a FDC Reconsideration and elevated to Hardship in Jul 2013 and have not heard anything; still stuck in Decision phase. Any ideas? Thanks for the consideration.

You filed a claim for what issues ?

What issues were addressed (either SC'd or denied) in the decision ?

The one that they left out was a skin condition which I receive 30% for already. I filed for an increase because they put me on antibiotics 2 years ago thus justifying a 60% rating. The other ratings were for gout in my ankle (10%) and sciatic pain between my ankle and knee (40%). There was no pyramiding issue and I got a copy of the QTC which shows DBQs for the skin problem which show the spread of the disease and the antibiotic usage.

The one that they left out was a skin condition which I receive 30% for already. I filed for an increase because they put me on antibiotics 2 years ago thus justifying a 60% rating. The other ratings were for gout in my ankle (10%) and sciatic pain between my ankle and knee (40%). There was no pyramiding issue and I got a copy of the QTC which shows DBQs for the skin problem which show the spread of the disease and the antibiotic usage.

How about posting exactly what is stated in the rating decision, without things like

your name, claim #, address, etc. . .