Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision & Claims File Dispatch:

Rate this question

wingnut73

Question

This status has been posted in my case status for over 1 year. I have not had one word of communication of any kind from the Louisville RO.

Decision & Claims File Dispatch: This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location. Please refer to your Appeal Detail screen for further information about the specific location of your case.

Someone is obviously sitting on it!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It also states this.We are in the process of certifying your appeal to the BVA in Washington DC.You will be notified by BVA once they have made a decision,

I would send them an IRIS message and ask for a copy of the Decision. I have seen that message show up on eBenefits and my local RO has tried to close appeals for no Form 9, but I have the signed receipt where they signed for it within the time limits.

Best regards,

I agree. IRIS them......Wingnut asd/or contact the BVA Ombudsman.

It sounds like the BVA remanded it...if you don't have the BVA decision ,and if it is a remand, you don't know what to expect at all.

Remands...I think claimants should attempt to follow remands from the BVA themselves if they can. It could mean the VA needs more info from somewhere or even that the VA needs to do another C & P exam.....

BVA -1-202-461-8069

bvaombudsman@va.gov

Edited by Berta

I finally bit the bullet. Emailed the BVA ombudsman and it turns out that they just forwarded my email to them to the Louville RO.

I said to myself, I think I will go to Louisville and visit the RO. (a 300 mile round trip)

The VA employee was very nice and at 1st could not find anything on my case! But when I press her, She finally found the location of my file with the appeal team.She called the actual person that had my appeal on her desk but this person was not there. She promised that she would call me when she had any more info on my appeal. Lo and behold she did call the next day and said that my paperwork was mailed to me the previous day.Still as of Friday the 31st have not received it but keeping my hopes up. I think the sqeeky wheel thing may work!