Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cognitive Disorder Secondary To

Rate this question

shakeyswife

Question

Has anyone had a C&P for mild cognitive disorder? My husband has one tomorrow with a psychologist. He already had a C&P for PTSD, and will also be having a general medical evaluation which we think is for Parkinson's (should be anyways). Any information on what they do, tests etc,...Thanks

On 1/27/2014 at 1:34 PM, shakeyswife said:

Thank you Lotza and Berta,

Had the exam today. I was in there the whole time. He really did not go over any of the PTSD info. because I brought him a copy of the initial DBQ and he said he would refer to that for his stressors. Then he did a few memory tests, and asked quite a few questions, only took one hour. I also brought information regarding cognitive impairment and Parkinson's. It was a QTC exam so it will take a little while before I can get a copy. Our VSO was able to get copies of the PTSD, Hearing and Tinnitus exams. I just call QTC and ask them when it was sent to the VARO. Then I ask the VSO to get a copy. At the end the examiner did state you can not work. Time will only tell how VA will rate this. Fortunately because of hadit members and their individual and combined knowledge, I have been able to better prepare his contentions and claims. I really did not trust our VSO to do such a thorough job, he had no clue about hadit.

Tell Shakey he is a lucky man to have you for his wife (if you are still hanging around.)

FYI, at acupuncture clinic school, my Supervisor (and I :) had great success with a Parkinson's Pt. It was mostly scalp acupuncture which hurts like the devil, but it is effective. Plus he was treated for any other aches, pains, falls, and bladder incontinence problems he had at the same txt. time. My Supervisor had already got rid of (95% of) his shakes before I saw him, but he made great improvements beyond the first time I saw him. He was just real slow and unsteady (but Parkinson's D. meds cause Parkinson's too, so try to ween him off that poison if you can.) I know it's hard.

In addition to working out also helping the pt., I was doing one of my case presentations on this Pt. because he was my favorite due to making such good progress. And I found out that smokers never got Parkinson's. Now I would never tell anyone to smoke tobacco as I am chemically sensitive and it makes me puke. But depending on what State you live in, Pot is also a smoked medium and it is medicinal in nature in many ways. Pot is recommended for tbi, and explosion tbi is also a nerve neuron destruction problem somewhat similar to Parkinson's (they are correlated - TBI's 2 pathways are dementia or Parkinson's.) It would be worth a try. I know how hard it is to care-take for a Parkinson's Pt, and you might want to get supplemental VA coverage to help you out. I don't know how to do that, but many guru's here do I'm sure. In short, I'd try

1. acupuncture (scalp acupuncture needs to be a fairly knowledgeable Acupuncturist),

2. exercise machines,

3. to get supplemental VA care-takers coverage, and

4. smoke one!  ;-)

Edited by armorer