Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denial Of Disability Claims

Rate this question

Michael Enriquez

Question

i have put in a claim for a few different claims and these were denied due to nothing being in my medical records now I just received a letter from the VA stating that they are unable to locate my medical records for my period of service. My question is do I still have to prove my claim or what should my next steps be. The letter stated I had 30 days to respond back or the VA would be making a decision.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would go back to the comments of Berta where she wrote an address for obtaining medical records. Although this is not the NPRC, I've had a lot of success finding veterans records at that location.

If you were denied a claim and the VA sent you a rating decision that states so, you then have one year from that date to submit an NOD. Are you sure they were not asking for additional information from you? That request from VA normally has a 30 day response time.

If you did receive a denial letter, I would also recommend that you write and request a copy of your C/P exam results. That way you will know what information the doc returned to VA.

I have done all these things that people are suggesting. I am now scheduled for a hearing test ( I have service connection but 0% compensation) on Fri. the 12th and I am scheduled for another c&p on the 28th. The person that scheduled me said the exam will take about 6 hours. I really don't understand what is going on because last week I just got a letter were complete. Does anyone know of some good lawyers in Colorado that I could contact? I hope I can ask this on the forum.