Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
whoami?

Hoping For The Best

Question

Hello everyone I have been reading through many of the threads on this site and I have seen loads of great information and inspirational stories. I am currently working with a VSO from DAV. He recently submitted a FDC for an increase based on my PTSD worsening. I have some other issues that are attached to that claim also. I really feel like I may have taken some missteps in this whole process but having found this site I am hoping I will receive the correct rating with you guys support. My first claim was basically denied I was granted 10% for a shoulder injury and everything else was 0% or denied. Five years after that I was diagnosed with PTSD and my compensation went up to 40%. I was rated 30% for PTSD. I didn't agree but I didn't do anything. Fast forward to today five years later I have a FDC received by the VA and I am now awaiting the next steps. I am going to document everything here so other veterans who may be going through what I am can read this and see it and hopefully it will help them.

• Like 1

I was medically retired last year for Crohn's 30% and SC 80%. I was low balled on my PTSD, 30%, and I submitted an FDC in Sep 2013. I did not know to fight the VA, and I just took what they gave me. I had my C&P exams last Friday, one exam was for PTSD Review Increase. You will get your C&P exams in the next few months, and then go from there. Depending on what state you are in, your claim might move faster than mine. Go to your exams, and then once you get your exam results, post them on here, and we will do our best to help. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ad

Hello Navy04,

Thanks for stopping by. I will keep everyone abreast to everything going on. In the beginning it was hard for me to file a claim because just like the examiners I didn't think anything was wrong with me. I have all my limbs, I don't have to use a wheel chair...so when I see myself compared to other vets who have lost so much it really makes me want to just be quiet.My battle isn't really physical. It's mental. Some days I don't leave my house and it's only getting worse. I wish you success with your current FDC for an increase.

If you're different than when you went in is all that matters; your claim is as valid and important as anyone else's and deserves that kind of attention.

Unfortunately, pretty much none of us expected to have to become lawyers to fight for benefits we were assured would be there if we ever needed them; this applies to SSDI as well.

So- there are many missteps and delays. But you are among friends and we will help you. Cool that you're looking to help others too.

Good luck! :smile:

• Like 1

Whoami,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been home a year now, and other than Dr. Appts, I have only been out a handful of times. It is very hard to leave my house, either I am tired of the hurt in the world, don't have patience for stupid drama, or I feel like I want to hurt someone. God Bless to all of us, and may 2014 be a shy better year than 2013!

I just checked ebenefits and my clam is now under review. Anyone have a ballpark as to how long before I'll be scheduled for a C&P?