VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Proof Of Destroyed Records

daklander

It just keeps getting worse as more and more information comes to the surface.

Employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) destroyed veterans’ medical files in a systematic attempt to eliminate backlogged veteran medical exam requests, a former VA employee told The Daily Caller.

Audio from a November 2008 meeting obtained by TheDC depicts VA Greater Los Angeles officials plotting to cancel backlogged exam requests.

“I’m still canceling orders from 2001,” said a male official in the meeting.

“Anything over a year old should be canceled,” replied a female official.

“Canceled or scheduled?” asked the male official.

“Canceled. … Your backlog should start at April ’07,” the female official replied, later adding, ”a lot of those patients either had their studies somewhere else, had their surgery … died, don’t live in the state. … It’s ridiculous.”

Audio of the Plotting

VA's mantra "I CARE," an acronym meant to reflect its core values of Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy , Respect, and Excellence draws fire from America's veterans in need of timely care and benefits. "The VA uses the disingenuous "I Care" catchphrase to veil the truth," says Chauncey L. Robinson, a disabled veteran who served in the Persian Gulf War. "If you ask me, the term best explains how the VA callously treats wounded veterans by -- Ignoring, Concealing, Altering, Rejecting and Expelling their medical and benefit claims," says Robinson. According to Robinson, VA officials destroyed his original benefits claim in 1995 and altered his medical records in 2012. He says, the VA has been processing his claim for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and a heart condition for twenty-one (21) years. In June 2012, Robinson joined the Kendall, et. al. v Shinseki, class action lawsuit. The lawsuit accuses VA officials of intentionally depriving veterans of their rights (Case No.: 12-330-CV LMB, filed June 26, 2012, U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho).

Edited by daklander

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a claim with Fee Base some years ago for money I spent on dental while my TDIU was on appeal. It was a legitimate claim. The VA claims worker involved just threw my claim in the trash. The VA actually admitted this to me and said the worker was disciplined...."they took away his free subscription to Hustler magazine". I was really surprised they admitted to me what had happened and I got paid for the dental which was a few thousand.

I think many people at the top of the VBA need to be fired. This probably will not happen. I wonder if this is just a VA internal problem or are they responding to orders from on high via congress or higher. You know they don't want to pay for what they broke. It took 40 years for some agent orange conditions to be made SC. If the VA can stall for 40 years for Parkinson's or IHD a lot of vets will be dead and forgotten. Imagine a widow trying to get a DIC claim going after her spouse has been dead for 20 years. Most just go on with life and never get the word that they might be entitled to some benefit from Uncle.