Rate this question

usdart

Question

Compensation & Pension Claim Status
Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 03/28/2013
Claim Type: Compensation
Estimated Claim Completion Date: 06/26/2014 to 12/26/2014

Contentions: Right maxilliary sinusitis (Increase), Bilateral Hearing Loss (New), Bilateral Tinnitus (New), Post traumatic stress disorder (New), VBMS (New)

Claims Status Process Skip the Claims Process and go to the current phase.
  1. Claim Received

The VA received your claim. A receipt will appear in your list of Open Claims (see below) within one hour if you filed your claim online using VONAPP Direct Connect. If you sent your claim via U.S. mail, please allow standard delivery time plus one week for us to process and record receipt of your claim.

Phase Completion Date:

04/02/2013
  2. Under Review

Your claim was assigned to a Veterans Service Representative to determine if additional evidence is needed. Your claim will move directly to the Preparation for Decision phase if no additional information is required.

Phase Completion Date: 07/01/2013

3. Gathering of Evidence

The Veterans Service Representative requests evidence from required sources during this phase of the claims process. VA may request evidence from you, a medical professional, a government agency or another authority. It is common for claims to return to this phase, should additional evidence be required.

Phase Completion Date: 02/26/2014

4. Review of Evidence

We received all required evidence. If the Veterans Service Representative determines that additional evidence is required, your claim will be returned to the Gathering of Evidence phase.

Phase Completion Date: 02/26/2014

5. Preparation for Decision

The Veterans Service Representative is preparing documents explaining the recommended decision. The claim will be returned to a previous phase if it requires additional information and/or evidence.

Phase Start Date: 02/26/2014

Estimated Phase Completion Date: 04/12/2014 - 07/14/2014

6. Pending Decision Approval

A final award approval is granted upon review of the recommended decision. The claim will be returned to a previous phase if it requires additional information and/or evidence.

7. Preparation for Notification

The Veterans Service Representative submitted your claim to an Authorizer who will review the VA's decision to ensure its accuracy. If your claim is not accurate, it will return to the previous phase.

8. Complete

The VA is sending a decision packet to you via U.S. Mail. The packet includes detailed information explaining your decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting the VA call center.

Next Steps:

Your claim is currently located in our "Rating" phase. We will propose a decision on your claim when all outstanding requirements are satisfied.

Several factors will determine the duration of the "Decision" phase, including:

• type of claim filed
  • number of disabilities you claim
  • complexity of your disability(ies), and
  • availability of evidence needed to decide your claim.

Additional Details
  • Your Designated Power of Attorney

VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA

• Regional Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

The Regional Office of Jurisdiction is the station that has primary authority over your claim and permanent jurisdiction of your claim folder.

Seattle

• Temporary Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

In an effort to expedite the processing of your claim, we have temporarily sent your folder to a different Regional Office that will have authority over this specific claim only.

Phoenix

• Send Documentation To

Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
    Regional Office
    Henry M. Jackson Federal Building
    915 Second Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98174

What We Have Received (solicited)

This is a list of all items that have been received from either the Veteran or a 3rd party. Please be advised that it may take up to 21 days to receive, process, and annotate in our system any information that you mail to one of our Regional Offices. Don't see an item listed? Check our "Unsolicited Items" page to see if it was received by VA.

Items Date Requested Date Received help_icon.gif

A date entry in the 'Date Received' column means that the evidence requested was received, or a negative response from the provider was received. If a negative response was received from the provider, this means that we were unable to gather the information requested. In the near future, we will be able to tell you whether or not the actual information was received versus a negative reply.

Richland CBOC 01/13/2014 02/26/2014 QTC 01/13/2014 02/24/2014 5103 Waiver Review 07/01/2013 08/05/2013
What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid of stressful incdnt 01/13/2014 02/26/2014 Combat not verified 01/13/2014 02/26/2014 PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid combat-related incdnt 01/13/2014 02/26/2014 New & material evidence needed - denied SC previously (hearing loss) 01/13/2014 02/26/2014
Example modal window opened. Top of Modal Window. We Apologize That Your Claim Is Past Due

We recognize that your claim has exceeded the estimated completion date and remain committed to completing our review as quickly and accurately as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Close this window. You can also press the escape key to close the window at any time.

Warning

You've been inactive for 15 minutes. To protect your privacy, you will be logged out of eBenefits.

Press any key or move your mouse to stay connected.

Time remaining until logout: .

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Basically, your claim is before the raters now. The time frame is just a software guestimate and has a default setting. However the end date can be changed by the VARO. Sometimes the end date will expire and won't be updated however they are still working on your claim. Looks like quite possibly that they didn't get the stressor evidence needed to support the PTSD claim and they didn't get the evidence needed to re-open the hearing loss claim. However anything on ebenefits is highly speculative. The way things are looking I will take a SWAG and say that you have a VSO with DAV and things aren't going very well for your claim. But then again ebenefits is about as accurate as buckshot at 500 meters. My VARO has lost or just flat out ignored any positive evidence that I sent in on my claim. That's why I,m off to the BVA this time with the evidence in hand. I don't want to upset you but if it were me, I would be finding out pronto what is going on if I have a VSO, do an IRIS query, or driving down to the RO to find out where my claim is at.

Edited by GatorNavy

I called and spoke to Sharron and she reviewed my file and told me that contrary to Ebenefits saying they 'Never Recieved' items is not true. The items sent ARE in the file and that it should take 52 days (on average) to finish the claim.

The 52 days is average for Seattle but, my file is in Phoenix due to Seattle being 'overwhelmed' and can't keep up. Maybe it will go quicker in that case?

Edited by usdart

I called and spoke to Sharron and she reviewed my file and told me that contrary to Ebenefits saying they 'Never Recieved' items is not true. The items sent ARE in the file and that it should take 52 days (on average) to finish the claim.

The 52 days is average for Seattle but, my file is in Phoenix due to Seattle being 'overwhelmed' and can't keep up. Maybe it will go quicker in that case?

That's great! I apologize about all of the late edits, I am kinda spaced out this morning.

Megh is right, you just never know with the VA, FDCs are supposed to be fast, yeah right. The RO received my C&P exams last week, and I am hoping to find out in a few months. Anything faster than that for us, is like winning the Lottery. Good luck bud and keep us posted. Hope you all have a good weekend.

It seems like since my Congressman's Office got involved things sped up quite dramatically. I have been steadily complaining to thier office every time the VA does something that is not right. They call the VA in Phoenix each time and ask them what's going on with each issue.

I am thinking they know the Congressman is actively involved so they better snap too.

All just a hunch, but, I think if the Congressman catches grief maybe they will see our plight if enough of us complain.

I may write a letter thanking Congressman Hastings and asking for help on our behalf now that he has personal experiance in the problems.

A long shot, I know, Politicians and blah blah. It can't hurt to try.