Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd & Bipolar Success

Rate this topic

ncjoe1970

navy04,

I have an attorney on my SSDI case, and they have been on top of things. I fought the VA for 6 years on my own, and won. I don't have the energy to fight social security, so I hired an attorney. My case with social security was supposed to be last October, until the government shutdown put it out until next month. This will all be over soon, I surely hope.

Again, THANK YOU ALL for your support. This is an excellent site for info and support !!

Edited by ncjoe1970

congrats,

How did you get the P&T part..

I was rated 80% PTSD, 10% Kidney Stones, 20% Lower back injury and rated unemployable for a year. Diagnosed with Bi-polar and requested an increase via Ebenefits last November, adding the Bii-polar. When submitting the claim, advised there was no further information for an expedited claim, and seen a doctor on "video" within two months.

I was rated 80% PTSD, 10% Kidney Stones, 20% Lower back injury and rated unemployable for a year. Diagnosed with Bi-polar and requested an increase via Ebenefits last November, adding the Bii-polar. When submitting the claim, advised there was no further information for an expedited claim, and seen a doctor on "video" within two months.

Reason I was asking on p&t was I'm currently receiving SSDI, 1st try PTSD within 5 months and backdated 12 months.

I had a review c&p in march 2013. Examiner thought I should be 100 but because I had worked some in past he wen with 70 on ptsd part, which continued me at 90% overall (70 ptsd,20/20 bilateral shoulder dislocations, 10 htn,10 tinnius), SO I appealed that. Wrote notice of disagreement within a few months. I asked for increase/tdiu as well in 12/2013. I just had my c&p for tdiu, examiner said it was a review (liar, I knew better). Anyways, she concluded I should be granted tdiu. Her boss reviewed I and also concurred. It is currently at prepared for decision stage.

Now I also have sleep apnea, diagnosed finally in 2010. I complained in service during exit exam as well as 5 yrs afterwards. They finally got me a sleep study and then immediately a cpap. That was 2010. My claim for sleep apnea was denied of course. That is sill on appeal since 2011. I'm thinking about IMO for it. Doubt it would change my percentage back then. I may have been 80 overall, not sure.

So now that I am in receipt of ssdi and soon to be tdiu. I don't know if it will come back p&t. I assume it won't since I'm 38. My life has continued to get worse and worse since 2005....

Ssdi, said review in 3 yrs on paperwork, if no date stated...

Sorry for lengthy response. Granted each case is separate just wanted to try and explain. Sorry if I confused or lost ya.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use