Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Someone Help Me Understand My Claim!

Rate this topic

hogchick

Shyne-I It's an Administrative review.

What is the status of your reconsideration? Have you checked your letters just to see if maybe your rating has changed? Mine did not have a good outcome. I had to submit a NOD and I am still waiting for a decision. I had a C & P for an increase in Sinusitis and that went well but they didn't ask for a any exams for my main contentions!

Shyne-I

Migraine is listed as a Compensation!! I just don't understand so is the Administratve review which is in Prep for decision on the other 3 contingents...PTSD, Hearing Loss and Tinnuitis?

If you get the increase for migraines maybe you can ask for an earlier effective date if they don't go back to 2012.

Shyne-I

Where do I find these rating letters? What's a NOD??

On ebenefits you can go to View documents I think and then go to download VA letters. A Notice of Disagreement

Shyne-I

As I stated in a prior post, an Administrative Review is not a type of claim. In that post to you I also defined what it is. The reason they put it under "Claim type" is because the software lacks any other place to list it. Mine, everyone else that had a Request for Reconsideration had that as well. You have a year from the decision date (November 2013?) to file a Notice Of Disagreement (NOD) to preserve your further rights to appeal which includes the original effective date that you filed or when you first submitted your claim. Looks like things are moving along nicely with your claim and you can wait to see what shakes out of it now. If you don't like what comes out of your Reconsideration then the next step is to craft and file the NOD. We can help you along with your NOD as it appears that you have plenty of time left to file that. I know it becomes a tad bit overwhelming and down right nerve racking to start with, Soon you will get into the swing of things. Most of us here went through the same thing. I Hope this makes sense, a migraine is kicking my tail right now....

It seems that the VA is doing the Final Approval on the Administrative Claim, and the Migraines is listed as a Separate New Claim that you will have a C&P for soon. I have 30% for Migraines and I submitted an FDC is Sep 13 for an increase along with others. Had my C&Ps on 2/14/14, reports look good and I should be 100% soon, but still have to wait for BBE. WE HAVE ALL STRESSED TOO MUCH THAT YOU CAN NOT MISS A C&P FOR ANYTHING. I HAD TO DRIVE OVER 300 MILES FOR MY C&Ps LAST MONTH, SO I HAD TO HAVE MY 15 YEAR OLD SISTER DRIVE ME. WE ALL NEED TO DO NEVER MISS AN EXAM, NO MATTER WHAT. THE GOVT IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A REASON TO DENY OUR CLAIMS, AND NOT GOING TO A C&P IS A VERY EASY WAY TO GET DENIED!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars