• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mri Results

Rate this topic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are ratings for radiculopathy. Its shows up on an MRI but I think the best hall mark test is an EMG. The more evidence you have the better, Im sure others will chime in on this, but I think an EMG one of the best test to show the extent of this condition.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Do not........ I repeat 'do not' put off any surguries. You have nerve root compression. The Nerve is like a nightcrawler. Have you ever pinched a night crawler to put on a hook and the insides separate, That is called the Meylin separating due to pressure and the damage if not fixed for a long period of time becomes unrepairable.

J

Putting it off or worried about the consequence of surgery is my problem. How long are we talking about in regards to the unevitable? Surgery that is for the nerve root compression?

Mr. A

I have been told not to do it when you are young and then have outside Dr. tell me do it while you are healthy and young. Recovery is easier and you can handle it better at a younger age.

• HadIt.com Elder

Putting it off or worried about the consequence of surgery is my problem. How long are we talking about in regards to the unevitable? Surgery that is for the nerve root compression?

Yes, surgury relieves the pressureon the nerve root.

Also fixes stenosis.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Yes, surgury relieves the pressureon the nerve root.

Also fixes stenosis.

J

The problem I am having with the decision is that there is no guarantees. I don't like those odds. However, my condition is progressing, and well I need to start thinking about my options. I have tried using the VA and I feel that is a waste of time. It takes too long to obtain effective care and I can't stop feeling like they, the VA medical professionals, could care less about my health and think of me as a scammer. It's getting close to a year since I have been service connected and the best they could do is try a couple of neuropathic medications. Not impressed at all. Never mind all the medical evidence and documentation that clearly indicate the level of problems that I have with my back. I won't even get into the other issues that arose from my gulf war service. Medications have so far been the best they are willing to do. Oh I did have a PT referral, only took 6 months but I couldn't go since I landed in the hospital last week. I have an MRI with dye for my brain here this Friday and within the week I have an EMG scheduled for my legs to really get a good picture of how bad I am. From there I need to make hard decisions that could have serious ramifications if I choose poorly. That's my reality now. I have accepted it and choose to press on. I came to a decision while I had time in the hospital to myself. I am not giving in. Not going to let this, drive me under. Never gonna give up, not until my last breath. That is what I decided to do while in the hospital. That is the path I have decided to take.

Anyways I think I have divulged enough of what is left of my mentality. Thanks for the for info. I appreciate it.

Mr. A