Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Benefits. ..

Rate this question

eagle1012004

Question

Looking for some clarification. I am currently 80% SC, and I have filed a claim for an increase/tdiu.

I understand that if I am increased to 100% sc I would get commissary privileges. If they keep me at 80% , but approve tdiu for me, would I get commissary privileges?

I am currently, 70%ptsd, 30%ihd, and 10% tinnittus. I am seeking an increase to 100% ptsd tp or tdiu.

I am unemployed and my pcp says ptsd issues prevent employment. So I think I have strong case for 100% tp, but VA being VA, may just give tdiu.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi eagle1012004,

I believe you have to be 100% P&T or atleast schedular before you receive commissary benefits. I'm nt completely sure, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Shyne-I

"I am unemployed and my pcp says ptsd issues prevent employment."

Did the PCP document that in your records?

Is the PCP a VA MH provider?

"So I think I have strong case for 100% tp, but VA being VA, may just give tdiu."

Do you get SSDI solely for the SC conditions you have?

Has VA Voc Reha ever turned you down by documenting they believe your SCs prevented feasible VA Voc Rehab?

This is from ebenefits as to the criteria for commissary benefits:

https://ebenefits.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/428/~/commissary-and-exchange-privileges

Berta:

Thank you for your reply.

sometimes I get ahead of myself and word things wrong...I have a 14 year history with the VA, medically and for psychiatric. I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2003, and my IHD was awarded in 2011.

My VA psychiatrist, my VA pcp, and my VA Cardiologist have all made it a matter of record that they are related and how it affects my ability to work. I am currently in counseling, groups and 1 on 1s for the ptsd. What I and my VA Cardiologist are concerned with is how the symptoms of the ptsd are aggravating my SC IHD. Of course my VA doctors are looking at other things that would cause the shortness of breath and chest pains especially when I go I into full panic mode.

In short, all of my VA doctors have made it clear to me that all this is tied together, which all have made part of my VA record, and they are all in unanimous agreement that that the ptsd, ihd and the combined affects, prevent me from working.

Berta...thank you for all you do and I always look for your posts, as they are always supportive and informative. I wish you all the best!!

Greg

So my VA drs, all three have made the connection and all have to put it simply, said,"YOU CAN'T WORK", and my VA medical records indicate that.