VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Va Medical Reports Into Va Med Records?

Rate this question

Ufrustrated2

Question

i used to be able to take non-VA medical reports to ROI and they would scan them into my VA records.

now i found out, they no longer do that. the roi office person said it was up the doctor to request that and that i would need to show my VA doctor the medical reports and he would deem whether it would be put into my VA records.

what if the medical report contradicts VA doctor? i'm to believe he would request it put into my records.

is there a regulation protecting the veteran about such matters so i can mention that in order to get pertinent medical reports into my va records?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know the regulation, but common sense says the VA should include private medical records in their medical file on a vet. This does not take a genius to understand. When I got supplies for OSA from VA they relied on my private records. They just lost half of them. The VA wants to "own" your medical care. HA, HA, HA. Yes, and the VA still bills my insurance for everything including SC treatment. If you have DMII that is SC and your doctor does your blood work and glucose testing at the VA how can they bill your private insurance? They do it and dumb insurance pays them because VA knows the insurance company does not want to fight with the VA over small claims. The VA is a lawless organization unless you can hit them over the head and make it hurt.

I don't know the regulation, but common sense says the VA should include private medical records in their medical file on a vet. This does not take a genius to understand. When I got supplies for OSA from VA they relied on my private records. They just lost half of them. The VA wants to "own" your medical care. HA, HA, HA. Yes, and the VA still bills my insurance for everything including SC treatment. If you have DMII that is SC and your doctor does your blood work and glucose testing at the VA how can they bill your private insurance? They do it and dumb insurance pays them because VA knows the insurance company does not want to fight with the VA over small claims. The VA is a lawless organization unless you can hit them over the head and make it hurt.

see, we think alike. whew, good. you already know i'm a little slow in the head, glad we're on the same page.

boggles my mind the billed my priv insurance for SC issues. my concern at the time, when i was able to work, was it affecting work related issues like promotion and security issues. that was my big concern about the priv issues. you understand.

yeah common sense. i mean we [have to] include civilian medical reports to counter VA medical reports in our c-file for claims when such counters are warranted.

for many veterans its life and death...from AO fiasco and including those veterans that died of gastric cancer recently.

i agree, its ventured into the criminal arena on many fronts, from its not answering to Congress nor to veterans, zero accountability, the AO issues, gulf war syndrom which is now called "multi-system illness", denying spouses compensation after veteran dies, etc etc.

i'll keep looking and see i can find a link about VA supposed to acknowledge civilian medical reports thus my question as to whye ROI wouldn't scan it in though they used to.