VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Walk Me Through The Process Of Filing For An Increase.

Rate this question

sawgunner

Question

What has been your experience/

I have never filed for an increase but I am given to understand that it is much earier and faster than filing a new claim.

Is this true in your opinion?

Can you file for an increase on multiple ratings at once, or do you have to file on each one and go to a C&P exam for each issue.

For example, I would like to file for an increase on my DDD of the lumbar spine, as well as for my cervical spine.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed for an increase for DMII in June of 2013. I filed a FDC. It is now April of 2014. All the information is sitting there at the VA hospital to make a decision. I guess I will have to go for a C&P exam. Filing for an increase should be faster and easier, but I have never found that to be the case. You need new evidence to show your condition is worse.

• HadIt.com Elder

Filing for an increase is easy. Since it is for a condition you are already receiving comp for, the VA must give you a C&P exam. I would apply for an increase in each, provided they've gotten worse. If you are rated less than 70% for PTSD, in itself, I would request an increase, in that no matter what, as the VA usually lowballs PTSD ratings. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, the VA often rates the vet at 30% for PTSD hoping the vet will go away. If you appeal with some decent evidence you get 50%. When your PTSD drives you into the unemployment line you get 70% or 100%. This takes years usually.

If I file for an increase for DDD in my back and neck, doI need a new nexus letter from a private doc showing that it's gotten worse, or can I just schedual a C&P based on range of motion?

I also plan to file for an increase on my GERD. My local gastro doc increased my meds to 80mg's per day of omeprazole last year, but they will NOT do a letter.

I had asked her to state in a letter if she considered my GERD to be mild, moderate , or severe but sher would not.

So can I file for an increase, based on the worsening symptoms and increase in meds?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, as I stated previously, all you need to do is send a letter stating: "Dear Sirs, I request an increase in my disability, as my DDD in my back and neck has gotten worse. I also request an increase in my GERD. Signed and dated XXXXXXX They request the C&P exam, not you.

No evidence is required but if you have any, it can help.

pr