Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Humiliated By My Dr

Rate this question

garlicBreath

Question

First off I'm extremely enraged, so my thoughts may not be organized. I asked my dr to fill out a temp disability form for the state of CA. He looked at me and said He doesn't know what disabilities I am referring to, I've been seeing him since 2004. He then asked me why I think I'm disabled and why I quit my last job. I was dumb founded but answered none the less. Back and depression(short version-less tears). He said that when I saw him in October it was for fatigue, yeah fatigue from poor sleep from BACK PAIN. But there was no note of back pain from my visit, WTF. Anyways he than asks if I'm ok with being 35 and being on disability for the rest of my life. Tears began to flood out of my face. I told him that this is the last thing I want; but my request was for a temp disability. Fast forward to Friday, paper work not done, today I called and he is on vacation until next Monday. I feel completely betrayed and humiliated. I don't know what to do. He is simply a Pill pushing jerk off. You know, the dr who got all C's in college. I know I've dug my own hole by quitting my job, but I also believe that he has let me down. I now received a letter from the state telling me I only have until the 20th to turn in my docs, PCP is off til the 21st. I got ahold of his nurse and he said the form is still blank, even though Dr said he would fill it out. I want to choke this M$;&:"r F$;&:@/:r out!!! I'm in the middle of a claim for an increase and the last thing I need is this stress, he lied right to my face, how can I trust him or the system he represents. My resentment is beginning to fester fantasies of harming that puke. Does anyone out there have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Ck

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

I have similar experience. I went to Vet Center and was told to go to prostetics to get help on hipa grant. When I got there the gal at the desk ask my last name and last 4. She repeated three times S as in snake even saying this to my wife. Then she said at least she didn't say the other S word. Prostetics was no help at all.

I went to the patients advocate and repeated all. I don't know why these little girls come to work at the VA and then treat veterans like crap. The advocate has the supervisor on privacy issues anyway. Hope this doesn't go to the VAIOG again like it did on my last complaint.

I would suggest that you go to the patients advocate and change doctors. You can do this. Ask her what you have to do to go to the VAIOG about this guy if you are really upset. Further, you can go to mental health and your doctor there will fill your request. The VAIOG will do something about this although I don't ever want to get involved with them again. It seems like a big hastle with the VAIOG.

Mental health seems to be the answer. They are more compassionate.

Sometimes Veterans are really skunked at the VA. It isn't supposed to be this way.

• In Memoriam

Forgot to say another time I went in for conduction test in my legs. The VN doctor held up the two electrodes and said now I am going to have to hurt you. The nurse looked in a state of shock and the Dr. opened the door and ran out.

I went after the weesle. I got to the front desk and asked a gal where the little weesle went. said he went into that room there. I just sort of stopped in mid stride after I thought about what I might have done to this little guy.

Don't hunt this guy down. Do not punch him.

CK - sorry that Ahole is causing you grief - don't let the bastards get you down.

Ask the state about an extension due to doctor unavailability.

Good idea to get things in writing - I'd ask for the doctor's vacation dates in writing; hold their feet to the fire about getting documentation and go to patien advocate, hospital supervisor and then IG.

Use IRIS and 800 number, picket the damn hospital - channel your energy toward non-violent public protest.

The first thing is to maintain your cool and organize your thoughts and documentation. Create a document stating what happened and in what order. You may state your feelings as this is very relevant to your case, but be diplomatic. Use IRIS. It was very beneficial for me when I had to deal with a doctor who didn't give a flip about me. They responded and changed my doctor. This was in response to my continued cancer treatments and the doctor really did not want to deal with it.

Make one thing certain, go after the doctor in a calm manner and use all of your resources. This doctor needs to be somewhere else.

I feel like they are trying to drove me into a darker place. Well, congrats. I am so depressed I haven't stopped crying. I feel so stupid, my family is the ones who are suffering the most. I don't ever want to go back. I don't want to do anything.

Since your PCP is on vacation you can ask for another doctor there to fill out your papers for you and tell them that you don't have time to wait on your doctor to return from vacation. You can also request to be assigned to another doctor as well. I have done that twice over the years. I refuse to be talked down to or disrespected by those VA Doctors.