Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Humiliated By My Dr

Rate this question

garlicBreath

Question

First off I'm extremely enraged, so my thoughts may not be organized. I asked my dr to fill out a temp disability form for the state of CA. He looked at me and said He doesn't know what disabilities I am referring to, I've been seeing him since 2004. He then asked me why I think I'm disabled and why I quit my last job. I was dumb founded but answered none the less. Back and depression(short version-less tears). He said that when I saw him in October it was for fatigue, yeah fatigue from poor sleep from BACK PAIN. But there was no note of back pain from my visit, WTF. Anyways he than asks if I'm ok with being 35 and being on disability for the rest of my life. Tears began to flood out of my face. I told him that this is the last thing I want; but my request was for a temp disability. Fast forward to Friday, paper work not done, today I called and he is on vacation until next Monday. I feel completely betrayed and humiliated. I don't know what to do. He is simply a Pill pushing jerk off. You know, the dr who got all C's in college. I know I've dug my own hole by quitting my job, but I also believe that he has let me down. I now received a letter from the state telling me I only have until the 20th to turn in my docs, PCP is off til the 21st. I got ahold of his nurse and he said the form is still blank, even though Dr said he would fill it out. I want to choke this M$;&:"r F$;&:@/:r out!!! I'm in the middle of a claim for an increase and the last thing I need is this stress, he lied right to my face, how can I trust him or the system he represents. My resentment is beginning to fester fantasies of harming that puke. Does anyone out there have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Ck

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Garlicbreathe, I don't think the doctor felt you were 'totally' disabled.

Was that what the form was for?....total disability?

If you feel you should be considered totally disabled and if you feel it should be solely due to your SCs, then, if I were you I would get an IMO/IME to support that.

My husband needed a form for state of NY Higher ed, to waive his small student loan balance.

We didnt know if the VA doc would sign it or not.

He did, he signed it in a check box that said my husband was totally and permanently disabled.

The form meant nothing at the time for his VA SC rating ( 1992) but it sure does now because VA rated the stroke as 100% 1151 P & T in 2012 , (20 years later)but forgot to send the proper retro amount.I NODded the award.

It pays to SAVE EVERYTHING.

I think the doctor had taken note of my husband's recent C & P exam for the stroke,before he signed the form but also the doc said to us

"That 30% PTSD is way too low" and I replied yes he had a claim in for a higher rating of that.

It might not be a situation involving the doctor's fault. just my opinion.

Edited by Berta

yes it sucks big time. My doctor is a anal retentive doubting thomas as well. It burns my ass to the core to know that that little B@S$$$$%^^^ is making 192,000 a year, to be my doctor , paid for by my tax dollars and he is there as a figurehead and dont really care about my health or overall well being as a person and my quality of life. . I have a SS disability hearing and my lawyer asked what I thought abt getting a statement from him, and I told him FORGET IT, we will just go with the medical records of evidence because VA doctors SCREW VETERANS OVER/ My lawyer told me he understands and hears that quite often.

Thats ok, one day they will have to answer to the one who walked on water, and explain to him, why they tried to act like they did.

Dont get discouraged, theres other ways to get where you want to be. sometimes we close the walls in on ourselves and things seem so black and white, but thats never really he case. calm down, and refocus on your goals.

Edited by 63SIERRA

I just wanted to say that although I do understand not wanting to go back, I think that you are putting too much emphasis on this doctor or any doctors’ opinion about you. Pretty much my whole adult life I have only found two doctors worth the title; not because they 'helped' me but because they took the time to look at my problems. These two doctors have literally saved years of my life by not giving up on me.

I am going to see a doctor today that has probably taken a good portion of years from me. I say this to hopefully give you some courage and that you can understand that doctors are just plain old people who can make mistakes. In this case I had been complaining about kidney function for over 6 years. This doctor would tell me after each yearly exam that "I think the computer is underestimating your kidney function due to your muscular nature". She stated that she will continue to monitor it.

I self-referred to a kidney doctor three weeks ago, my diagnosis is stage III Kidney disease just a few points away from stage IV. I am going to talk to my doctor today not to shame her but to let her know that people are worth investing time in, I am bringing my wife and two daughters so she can see who else her decisions have affected.

These doctors are not your friends, they are just doing a job be it good or bad. My point is only you are going to be your own advocate and really your own doctor. These people may delay your claim, life, or pain by years but the truth will come out, it always does. So, your family is watching you and it is how you stand up and fight with courage and dignity that will help them and you through all of this.

Lastly, only you truly know what is going on in your mind and body, and only you can convey that to others. It will never happen unless you carry on.

• HadIt.com Elder

If your Doc is an A Hole ask for another Doc. Even the VA will accomodate you if it is not a real small clinic. I used to fight but one day a bell went off and I decided to use the Eddie Haskell approach and to be nice no matter how I felt.