Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time To Get The Soc

Rate this question

eg1970

Question

Does anyone know how long on average it takes to get the SOC from VA. My father filed his NOD back in September and has not received anything about his appeal.

My father is going to talk to his VSO tomorrow.

I've printed out form 9 APPEAL TO BOARD OF VETERANS' APPEALS and my father is taking it to his VSO.

My father is just about to give up on the whole thing.

Thanks for any help about this.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Depending on regional office you are probably looking at 18 months two 2 years on a DRO review or SOC right now.

If he gives up, they achieve what they want, they hope veterans get discouraged and tired of waiting and give up. The system is designed to win by attrition, people give up, miss deadlines or drop out of the substandard treatment they offer (which weakens thier case).

VSO's are a crap shoot, some are good some terrible. Us the internet, read the rules, learn the system! VSO's by charter are supposed to HELP the VA serve veterans, not necessarily help veterans get what they should from the VA.

This is a line like any other government line, whether it is a hair cut, vacination, chow or wait at the troop medical clinic. He learned how to stand around for no good reason in service he just needs to apply that knowledge to this situation!

Best regards,

• HadIt.com Elder

Please encourage your Dad it took many of us a long time but it is worth it. Good Luck.