VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ready To Cry

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Hi Everyone!

For a 2 months now I have been reading and posting questions, printing, referencing and cross referencing and today I'm just about in tears.

John had back surgery Feb. of this year, he found out he was a diabedic in april of this year, we didn't know anything about VA until July of this year, when we found out about VA, we got the doctor's reports of all illness's from diabedic, perpheiral neuropathy, hearing loss, tinninus, vertigo, cataracts, depression shoulder and other info.

we filled on July 10th. in the mean time I have been getting info from this site, checking everything I could check, writting a letter on Johns symptoms and today we recieved documents stating tthat we are working on your application for servise-connected compensation for PTSD, cataract,chronic upper respiratory condition and individual unemploybility. Left everything else out. Needless to say I seen this and Called our Rep, she wasn't in but the lady looked at the file and said that we put everything down. HOW DEPRESSING IS THIS!

They want specific details of the stressful incidents in service that resulted in PTSD which I wrote in my letter. They want Dr.'s reports which we gave them when we filed, Plus we gave them a Dr.'s letter, then for them to leave out the important parts of his health that is SC that we know for sure is so stressfull in that it self. John said he feels like writting down for PTSD is the stress of sending everything in and then being asked to send it again. I know its only been 2 months but this makes me want to cry, especially reading all the post and and the bull everyone else has gone thru.

I'm sorry, I'm just venting! Thanks for letting me!

John's Wife

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

He was in the Marine Corp worked on helicopters but also flew medivac and did what ever they needed to.

theey all were in South Viet Nam , Quang Nam in 1969

There is considerable info at popasmoke.com -

http://www.popasmoke.com/kia/incidents.php...;conflict_id=24

This is their data base on KIAs and also this site is an excellent way to find a buddy.just click back to their home page-

Quang Nam is about 20 clicks down from Danang- here is a HMM site- your husband will know what that means- and also the Wall with information on HMM Marines (he will know what that stands for)

is a click away at

http://www.hmm-364.org/kia2.html Maybe a name there will help him have a name he could recall for his stressor.

These are 364s but there are numerous sites on the web regarding Marines in Nam and their battalions and units-

Does the name PFC Ronald Scharf mean anything to him?

Does he recall as a stressor the hideous medevac accident at Quang Nam in summer 1969?

Many Marines were killed.

Did he recall any stressor during 1969 involving Lima/3?

He was probably with MAG 16 and flew a Cobra-depends on the dates he was there-at Quang Nam- the type of helo medevac and extractions choppers the Corps used were changed-in 1969 -that too is another way to access buddies-and

I think there is a MAG 16 site-

Edited by Berta

The 3rd MARDIV was ordered to stand down in Sept 1969 and by Oct they had all been extracted from I Corps.

If he wants to claim the stressors you mentioned here-

he needs to narrow it down to that time frame and find buddy statements as proof of these stressors.

Even with proof however- I do not see the basis for a PTSD claim here-based on what you told us.

I worked in a Combat group-all PTSD Nam-

It is not unusual for a vet to keep a lot of stressors to themselves.

Unfortunately the VA often wants some blood and guts stuff.

Medevac helo veterans often suffer from considerable PTSD.What they saw in Nam was horrific.

The LZ often took incoming- the threat at an LZ was often always there-whether they took fire or not-

What their medevacs involved was horrendous.

If he is going to pursue a PTSD claim he needs to address what he experienced as a medevac, and find proof of this, and I think that would be a much stronger basis for a PTSD claim then what you mentioned.

Yes 364 sure did get hit HARD in 1969.

I know some 3rd MAR DIV 364 vets who were hit in 1969.

This will not help his PTSD claim at all unless he was in ops as in direct support of 364 or medevaced their dead and wounded.

Edited by Berta

I have worked on PTSD claims for 20 years-

I gave some good advice here-the other day but he will have to be pro -active with this claim-

and if he does not want to discuss these things with anyone just drop this claim-and focus on the DMII claim.

How can he get a VA diagnosis of PTSD and a C & P if he will not share it?