Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cp Exam Went Very Well I Think

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

The cp examiner was looking thru my in service medical records, and looked over the computer monitor and asked.

why in the hell arent you service connected for your back condition? I told her how they had denied me years ago, and jacked me around all these years and she just shook her head in disgust. She told me she saw people get connected for a heck of a lot less evidence than I had. we also discussed many other things., and she was clearly of the opinion that Ive been getting bent over and dry rubbed for abt 20 years now. the examin er told me she would do all she could to help me/ so praise \God for that. When me and my wife were leaving I told her thanks for what she is doing to help veterans and I would pray that God gives her the wisdom to do the right thing everyday . She hugged me and had tears in her eyes.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I hope that she does the right thing in your case. I am beginning to distrust my care providers at the VA. I am trying to trust them but at times I am not sure they have my best interests at heart. But good luck to you sir.

thanks very much Navy wife, I was glad it was over, but I have another CP exam on the 8th of may, with a mental health doc, so im not done yet, but getting there. Im so thankful to GOD, and the people who run this site, and the members who so selflessly donate thier time, and knowledge to help all of the veterans in need. I cant imagine what it would be like going blindly thru this process without this mecca of knowledge that I have stumbled upon. Hopefully in the near future my fight will be over, and I can focus on helping others more.

Good fortune to you and I hope you get what you deserve!! With God all things are possible!!!

Glad it went good for you bud. Also, good luck on the Psych Exam those are always brutal, no matter how many I go too. I am 100% now, but I still have one more claim to submit for 4 or 5 more conditions, and I always get so nervous at the exams. God bless your family and you bud, and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Ive been lucky in the sense that every CP exam ive gone to they allowed my wife to come in, and she is a great support for me, just being there. im very proactive in my exams and make sure and tell them whats going on. they only know what they are reading in the file unless you tell them. I try to take control of the process in a passive way. Not to try and manipulate the examiner but to try and create the freeboard on deck, to state my conditions and how they affect me, and why they are service connected. Establishing a friendly rapport first, and being honest but persistant. The examiner told me from what she cold see she expected my rating would go way up. so its in the raters hands now. Im hoping they will fold on my appeal for my back and grant service connection and I dont have to go the long way to get it, and then if they do, I will consider CUE actions. LOTTA work yet to be done, but im a worker.

Dont ever forget, the examiners are human too, they feel anxiety, they feel stress, they are worried abt being badgered and insulted, they just want to get thru it as stress free as possible too. Unless they are jackasses, and want to exhibit thier authoriti and be weenies, but those types are easy to identify. If you get a weenie, you will just have to deal with it, and try and get a new CP. ITis all a crapshoot, depending on who you get. Theres one CP doc in killeen that will never have the pleasure of refusing to shake my hand ever again, and I called VES and told them so.

Edited by 63SIERRA