VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Va Let You Know They Received A Claim?

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

My husband filed for reconsideration on a previously denied claim about a month ago. This was done through DAV. Shouldn't we get some kind of confirmation that the claim was received? He called the VA regional office last week and they said they have no record of it but DAV says they can see it in the system. Nothing on eBenefits at all but according to what is said on here, that is not unusual. It just worries me that some time down the road they may still not have a record of it so would at least like to know it is in their system.

Thanks,

Kate

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My husband filed for reconsideration on a previously denied claim about a month ago. This was done through DAV. Shouldn't we get some kind of confirmation that the claim was received? He called the VA regional office last week and they said they have no record of it but DAV says they can see it in the system. Nothing on eBenefits at all but according to what is said on here, that is not unusual. It just worries me that some time down the road they may still not have a record of it so would at least like to know it is in their system.

Thanks,

Kate

Kate, I think a month is long enough to have shown up by now. It doesn't make sense that DAV can see it and the RO can't.

Shyne-I

Edited by Shyne-I

Is there a way to find out for sure that it is where it is supposed to be? I worry about things like: lost in the mail, lost at VA, etc. I know the whole process is a long one but I at least want to be sure it is started. I also realize that the organizations like DAV who are there to help, can have issues also.

Send them an IRIS at the VA main web site under "contact Us", "ask a question".

If that does not produce a reasonable answer to your status and whereabouts question, then file a IRIS Complaint,via the complaint form at IRIS.

I filed 2 claims in 2012 that VA acknowledged via the 800#. I also got a status on them both.last year.

Last Friday I found out those claims are 'gone' off the VA PC and the 800 person insisted all I have pending is a DIC claim.

This confirmed an Iris Inquiry that generated similar info to me that I kept questioning, but I thought it was just a miscommunication from IRIS.

I already get DIC.

I sent in an IRIS complaint. last week .... No answer yet.....I also complained to the VA IG and asked Why is VA working on a claim I already was awarded long ago, yet has 2 claims of mine out of the backlog figures they have at their RO, but should be still in them.

I think the ROs have a secret list too.

Always ask for an email or snail mail VA Iris response because they can make up anything on the phone.

I have used IRIS responses as evidence for a few things they messed up in the past.

Edited by Berta