Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×

Attention Hadit Members. Rin 2900-am15 Is Final Rule

Guest jstacy

Question

I have been tracking this proposal since its inception. It is effective October 6, 2006.

This Rule amends effective dates for claims. There will be a change in the wording for effective dates based on this criteria.

My take on this is:

If a Veteran files a claim and is denied due to the unavailability of service record or part of the record, and re-opens the claim and gets an award, Then The Veteran can ask for an earlier effective date based on this rule.

This is list on the federal register 09/06/2006.

Edited by jstacy

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

jstacy

I am really interested in this! is there a web address for this or link how do I find it?

I will write up a letter to my VARO and research this and send it to the Manager of my VARO

this could save me a year or more.

Thanks Macool :rolleyes: